Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arsat 30mm fisheye loose mount (Pentax 645 mount)  (Read 1672 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Arsat 30mm fisheye loose mount (Pentax 645 mount)
« on: January 29, 2018, 06:17:45 pm »

I bought this lens on eBay about a year ago. There has always be a tiny amount of play between the mount section and the lens barrel. Now that play is getting much worse and I can see into the crack between the two sections if I pull them apart. I'm afraid to use it in case the mount and barrel separate entirely and the lens might end up in a river or over a cliff.

It looks like I am probably missing a screw and have a couple of others that are loose that should hold the mount to the barrel. Shouldn't be too hard to fix except that I can't reach the screw heads due to the flange of the mount sticking out. The flange is maybe 1/4" above the screws and makes a parallel plane to the surface that screws go into.
I wonder if I need a special screwdriver or maybe there is a way to remove the mount flange first?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. The flat rate repair at KEH is about what I paid for the lens so I'm reluctant to put that money into this old thing.

I've Googled around a little and can't find any disassembly info for this lens. Any ideas?
-MattB

itsdoable

Re: Arsat 30mm fisheye loose mount (Pentax 645 mount)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:43:27 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, the Arsat 30mm f/3.5 fisheye was only made in the Pentacon-six and Kiev-88 mount. But it was sold with a Pentacon-six to Pentax 645 adapter (also Mamiya 645). If this is the case with your lens, you should be able to remove the adapter by turning the breech ring of the adapter.

However, this lens was modified by several 3rd parties to fit other cameras, primarily the Hasselblad F series. In this case, the mount was remove and replaced with a custom part that would fit the desired camera.

Depending on which version you have, accessing the screw will be different. A picture would help.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:32:38 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, the Arsat 30mm f/3.5 fisheye was only made in the Pentacon-six and Kiev-88 mount. But it was sold with a Pentacon-six to Pentax 645 adapter (also Mamiya 645). If this is the case with your lens, you should be able to remove the adapter by turning the breech ring of the adapter.

However, this lens was modified by several 3rd parties to fit other cameras, primarily the Hasselblad F series. In this case, the mount was remove and replaced with a custom part that would fit the desired camera.

Depending on which version you have, accessing the screw will be different. A picture would help.

Thanks! There are a few photos in the first message in this thread. If you need any different angles, LMK!
Edit: Oops, no there aren't, here they are. :)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:39:07 pm by MattBurt »
-MattB

itsdoable

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:18:23 pm »

Well, that definitely looks like a modified lens, the rear P6 or K88 mount has been removed, and a Pentax 645 mount (scavenged from a lens?) has been added with the appropriate thickness spacer.

You might be able to get in there with a right angled screw driver. They may have just used a small jeweler's screwdriver at and angle, and thus not have been able to get it tight enough. Or the Pentax mount may unthread from the spacer - but if so, it's probably glued.
Pages: [1]   Go Up