Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? re D750 user settings  (Read 1595 times)

Brookie

? re D750 user settings
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:55:04 pm »

Is it possible to see a listing of the user settings that you have saved to U1 or U2?   From the Nikon D750 manual it does not look like this is possible. Wish I’d made a couple notes for myself, oh well....

Brookie

Re: ? re D750 user settings
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:10:20 pm »

FYI - never did come up with a solution for this. So, now I have recorded it all in a pages file should I need to refer to it again or make modifications. Based on this, I’d suggest everyone might want to do the same for their cameras and settings too.

Bitcohen

Re: ? re D750 user settings
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:04:28 am »

Yes, if you use F4 to assign back button focus to the AE-L/AF-L button and save that to a User bank, then use F4 to assign AE-L/AF-L Lock (or some other function) to the back button and save that to the other User bank, you will be able to switch between the two focus modes (BBF & half depress of shutter release) by switching between the two User banks.

Another option is to put the camera in M, A, S or P and use that as either a variation on your BBF mode or as your half shutter press mode. For example when out photographing birds and wildlife, I setup User 1 for high shutter speed photography of BIF, User 2 for slow shutter speed photography of perched birds or stationary animals and Manual to create a variation on one of those themes.

In this way, I effectively have access to three custom user settings: U1, U2 and Manual. You can do the same in S, A or P mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up