Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identifying Rolls of Paper  (Read 672 times)

JudyKonopka

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
Identifying Rolls of Paper
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:38:19 am »

I usually keep rolls of paper stored in the box. However....one time I had too many out and got mixed up on which was which.  I came up with a system of putting the name on a label inside the roll.  Does anyone else have a better idea?
Logged

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Identifying Rolls of Paper
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:15:21 pm »

Here's an easier way....only ONE roll out of its box at a time.

You take a roll off the printer, you immediately put it back into its box.
Why would you have more than one roll out? That's inviting trouble like scuffing or denting, etc.

As for keeping the  rolls from unrolling,  I put it back into the plastic bag and then stuff the ends of the bag into the end of the roll. This keeps them tight enough to slide back into the box.

Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Jasper

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
Re: Identifying Rolls of Paper
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:45:32 pm »

I usually keep rolls of paper stored in the box. However....one time I had too many out and got mixed up on which was which.  I came up with a system of putting the name on a label inside the roll.  Does anyone else have a better idea?

Yes, if you are going to keep the rolls stored outside boxes your choices are limited.  I think your options are:
  • Name on inside of roll
  • Put rolls in bags with name on the bag
  • Put rolls on shelves with the name on the shelves
  • Color the edges of the rolls and keep a spreadsheet on your computer with color coded key
  • Put dots on the edges of the roll (in a morse-code type fashion) and keep a spreadsheet on your computer with key
  • If you only have four rolls to manage, you could put the rolls in different corners of the room and put a stickers on the wall to identify them
  • Many others, variations on these themes

Or, you could just put them back in their boxes.  Hope that helps. 
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up