Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M43 dynamic range  (Read 1494 times)

armand

• Photos
M43 dynamic range
« on: January 20, 2018, 12:26:03 pm »

I stated in various topics that I'm not that taken with the look of the Olympus files, they often lack that "pop" and I have to work harder on postprocessing.
In this example however I'm pleasantly impressed by the file, I didn't recall having so much latitude in posprocessing on the E-M5 ii files.
Yes, there is some noise and color shift but not that bad and this was a quick fix.
Exposure + 3.1, Contrast + 26, Highlights -52, Shadows + 100, Blacks 0, Clarity + 14, Vibrance + 12.

PS. I tried to play with it in Photoshop but I fell flat on my face due to poor Photoshop skills, after a much longer time spent with different masking, etc I came up with a crap looking photo. I thought I was making some progress but no, not even close.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: M43 dynamic range
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »

... I didn't recall having so much latitude in posprocessing on the E-M5 ii files...

So, what was the camera used for these shots then?

armand

• Photos
Re: M43 dynamic range
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 01:57:27 pm »

So, what was the camera used for these shots then?

E-M5ii.

In this example however

This post is to say I was pleasantly surprised on this one as "I didn't recall having so much latitude in posprocessing on the E-M5 ii files". Obviously I wasn't clear enough. Another positive thing on the E-M5ii (and guess other Olympus cameras) is that you can set exposure warnings for both highlights and shadows  so you can get the exposure just right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up