Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H6D-400c MS  (Read 4170 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
H6D-400c MS
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:41:53 am »

According to an email I got from Hasselblad Japan, an H6D-400c Multishot (4 and 6 shots modes) will become available in March for the modest price of 5,700,000 Yen (more than 50,000 US$)... but this camera is nowhere to be found on the Hasselblad website. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

PhotoKratky

Re: H6D-400c MS
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:51:11 am »

Now it is:

Click

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:15:28 am »

Is that 4 shot or 16 shot?
Can commercial photographers really expect to sell images with only 400MP?

Edmund

Now it is:

Click
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Geocolor

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:24:50 am »

That's 4 and 6 shot, the 4 shot mode is supposed to improve color and avoid moire and the 6 shot the previous two plus the detail.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:43:59 pm »

Can commercial photographers really expect to sell images with only 400MP?

Edmund

Maybe if they are in 16bit mode

Bo_Dez

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 07:04:08 pm »

Hasselblad are really kicking a$$ at this point.

Phase One must be worried.

jduncan

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:50:43 am »

According to an email I got from Hasselblad Japan, an H6D-400c Multishot (4 and 6 shots modes) will become available in March for the modest price of 5,700,000 Yen (more than 50,000 US$)... but this camera is nowhere to be found on the Hasselblad website. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi,

This was probably planned a long time ago. I hope that actually building the machine means they see a future (at least middle range) on the H, enough to invest in new lenses.

They were investing in new lenses before the X1D, the renew the 50mm and the  120mm macro. The issue is Fuji is now a competitor.
They don't want to pull an  "Apple" and becoming one of the sources of income of the main competitor, or even worse be at the mercy of it.

The new X lenses are fantastic, so are the 120mm and the 50 II or the  35-90 or the  28mm. The 150mpixel sensors are coming.

Best regards,
english is not my first language, an I k

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 03:59:39 pm »

This was probably planned a long time ago. I hope that actually building the machine means they see a future (at least middle range) on the H, enough to invest in new lenses.

They were investing in new lenses before the X1D, the renew the 50mm and the  120mm macro. The issue is Fuji is now a competitor.
They don't want to pull an  "Apple" and becoming one of the sources of income of the main competitor, or even worse be at the mercy of it.

The new X lenses are fantastic, so are the 120mm and the 50 II or the  35-90 or the  28mm. The 150mpixel sensors are coming.

Good points,

My forecast remains that we will see around Kina an H7D-150c that will have at least an EVF option together with at least a new H 110mm f2 manufactured by their X1D partner that will be redesigned to meet the needs of contrast AF.

Portait lenses are pretty much the only ones that need AF on these cameras. A second one around 180mm would replace both the 150 and 210mm also.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:03:59 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Bo_Dez

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 05:07:25 pm »

I think it's too soon for an H7D. That will likely come the year after, at least.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 06:03:14 pm »

I think it's too soon for an H7D. That will likely come the year after, at least.

It will become actually available Q1 2019 and the firmware will start to work Q3 2019, traditional Hasselblad style, but there is no way they can not answer to a P1 150mp announcement. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Kirk_C

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 10:45:39 pm »

They don't want to pull an  "Apple" ....

The best thing that could happen to them would be to 'pull an Apple'.  That would of course mean ignoring the minimal Pro market for the ever growing general consumer market and becoming one of the largest, most profitable companies in the world.

They tried consumer cameras much to their own embarrassment but who knows what the future holds.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:45 am »

...who knows what the future holds.

It seems obvious that Hasselblad has never been doing this well in the past 10 years. The acquisition by DJI has had no negative effect of note, on the contrary.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bo_Dez

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 07:44:44 am »

It will become actually available Q1 2019 and the firmware will start to work Q3 2019, traditional Hasselblad style, but there is no way they can not answer to a P1 150mp announcement. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

yeah I agree, 2019 is likely. It's difficult though as if you announce early then it costs off sales of existing cameras. I think their announcement will come out same time as Phase One, or as Hasselblad always like their firsts, just slightly before.

Bo_Dez

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:46:23 am »

It seems obvious that Hasselblad has never been doing this well in the past 10 years. The acquisition by DJI has had no negative effect of note, on the contrary.

Cheers,
Bernard

They don't even hide it. The company only has 200 employees worldwide.

All of a sudden they look like they're on top now.

jduncan

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 07:27:46 am »

Cheers,
Bernard

As the add goes,  priceless.
Best regards,

jduncan

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 07:32:23 am »

The best thing that could happen to them would be to 'pull an Apple'.  That would of course mean ignoring the minimal Pro market for the ever growing general consumer market and becoming one of the largest, most profitable companies in the world.

They tried consumer cameras much to their own embarrassment but who knows what the future holds.

Yes, Apple is a magnificent company and I am a consumer.
I was referring to the way Apple expenses, go, in significant part, to Samsung. Samsung does not need the money, but it helps to finance the R&D to try to kill Apple.
They can rise, for example, the Prices of components etc, and they know in advance of many of Apple plans. We know how NDA and contracts have limited power.
In the MF space, the impact for Hasselblad and Fuji is far greater.

Best regards,

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 09:33:07 am »

Apple has historically done very well out of making the profit while its suppliers do the hard engineering R&D.  This is a very particular profile, and it needs the protection of tailor-made IP régimes, which is why we are seeing those big patent suits and countersuits eg. with Qualcomm - the ones where Apple argues on the one hand that not a single user-level control may be copied, while on the other hand its competitors *must* license for free all the obviously worthless results of 30 years and still ongoing packet radio-communication research. After all we all *know* that Apple invented the cellphone, right?

I agree that Sony is trying to become the Samsung of cameras, competing with everyone while simultaneously supplying the really hard to make parts, ie the sensors. It's interesting that neither Samsung nor Sony seem to invest heavily in their own UI research.

Edmund

Yes, Apple is a magnificent company and I am a consumer.
I was referring to the way Apple expenses, go, in significant part, to Samsung. Samsung does not need the money, but it helps to finance the R&D to try to kill Apple.
They can rise, for example, the Prices of components etc, and they know in advance of many of Apple plans. We know how NDA and contracts have limited power.
In the MF space, the impact for Hasselblad and Fuji is far greater.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:26:15 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up