Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carcavelos at dawn  (Read 591 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Carcavelos at dawn
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:46:37 am »

Again, another foray into my close-to-home beach. This time trying out the Loxia 85 lens. I was trying to get some wave "action".
Regards.

francois

Re: Carcavelos at dawn
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:59 am »

I quite like this new set of photos. My favorite is the last one, I like the movement in the waves. The first one is a bit surprising. I like the vista but the orange foreground combined with the industrial buildings (left side) gives an impression of some toxic stuff in the water.
Francois

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 08:37:25 am »

I quite like this new set of photos. My favorite is the last one, I like the movement in the waves. The first one is a bit surprising. I like the vista but the orange foreground combined with the industrial buildings (left side) gives an impression of some toxic stuff in the water.

Thanks Francois. The orange in the water is due to the nearby artificial illumination. The cranes in the background are busy building the new Business School of Carcavelos.

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:39:52 am »

Thanks Francois. The orange in the water is due to the nearby artificial illumination. The cranes in the background are busy building the new Business School of Carcavelos.

Thanks for providing additional info. I figured out that the orange glow in the water was caused by some non-natural light and not by toxic waste or mud.
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »

The second is intriguing. I've done quite a few splash shots, but all with very short exposures, to freeze the splash. I like your longer-exposure effect and shall stea... er, adapt it for my own use.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up