Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A7R3 Pixel shift setting locks camera into AF with shutter  (Read 1550 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
A7R3 Pixel shift setting locks camera into AF with shutter
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:03 am »

I have a question about the pixel shift setting. When I turn pixel shift on, the camera goes to "AF with shutter" (grayed in menu), in all modes, P,A,S,M. I prefer to use back button focus and not to use "AF with shutter." This does not make sense to me. Am I missing some other setting or it this the inevitable default? It's not hard to work around it by simply using the self time but I'm curious if anyone knows the reason for this behavior. Thanks.

Stephen Starkman

Re: A7R3 Pixel shift setting locks camera into AF with shutter
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »

Same (unwanted) behaviour for me. I hope Sony changes this so that Pixel Shift respects the back button autofocus setting.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:54:53 am »

I have a question about the pixel shift setting. When I turn pixel shift on, the camera goes to "AF with shutter" (grayed in menu), in all modes, P,A,S,M. I prefer to use back button focus and not to use "AF with shutter." This does not make sense to me. Am I missing some other setting or it this the inevitable default? It's not hard to work around it by simply using the self time but I'm curious if anyone knows the reason for this behavior. Thanks.
Yes this is a known issue that has been mentioned in a number of videos online about this function.

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:17:44 am »

As soon as you touch the camera while it capture a pixelshift 4x image, the registration is gone.
Makes absolutely ZERO sense to use any manual input while in this mode.
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".
Pages: [1]   Go Up