Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isla Mujeres, Mexico  (Read 1240 times)

Kit-V

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:42:01 pm »

I will be on Isla Mujeres in March. I am curious if anyone has spent time there with their camera. Although creating my own discoveries is the essence of photographic travel for me, nevertheless I would appreciate any recommendations for specific places on the island that will make my camera happy. Thank you!
Falling Fork Photography

Miles

Re: Isla Mujeres, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:15:51 am »

It's been several years and I only spent an afternoon there, thus I can't offer too much advice.  Some of the beaches have fine white "baby" sand as they never were eroded by hurricanes.  Really nice sand if you or the family are into beaches.  Rent a golf cart and you can ride around the island and stop at areas you find interesting.  There are good shots to be had looking back at Cancun and on the eastern coast as well.  There is an old cemetery on the island you may want to check out. I always enjoy spending a few minutes looking at names and dates on the stones.

Afraid I can't offer much more.  The island is small and you can easily get all the way around in one day and then return to areas of interest the next day.

Have fun!

Miles 

Kit-V

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:12 am »

Thank you, Miles. I am somewhat familiar with the island having been there several years ago. Things like the old cemetery I would find intriguing. Also, I am curious if there are any remnant of the old Mayan culture.
Falling Fork Photography

degrub

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:45:34 am »

nope. Think mainland

Kit-V

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:43 pm »

I have been to various Mayan sites on the mainland.
Falling Fork Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up