Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another ipf8400 move question.  (Read 780 times)

gchappel

Another ipf8400 move question.
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:27:56 am »

I need to move my ipf8400.  It at least needs to roll to another place in the room.
Depending on reconstruction and dust- it may need to move to another room- which would be up one step.
I have plenty of room and people, so I could keep it level.
Do I do a level 1 move just to roll it to the other side of the room?
I do not want to use up my life savings in ink and heads just to roll this lovely monster 10 feet.
Any thoughts or experience?
Thanks again for your help.
Gary

I.T. Supplies

Re: Another ipf8400 move question.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:07 am »

Gary

As long as it's not being tilted more than 30 degrees (I believe that's what Canon stated), you shouldn't need to drain the inks at all.  If it's more than that amount, it gives a higher risk of the ink leaking into the printer and causing (major) issues and probably high expenses to fix.

Atlex.com

gchappel

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:53:50 am »

I "think" the tilting less than x number of degrees still requires a level one move setting on the printer.
I have never done it- but with web searches some say even a level one move uses a fair amount of ink. [Although canon implies no ink is used.]
I am only moving the printer less than 20feet- so I plan on unplugging it and carefully rolling.
Hopefully I will not upset the magic spirits.
Gary

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »

We've had a few Canon large format printers in our office that we moved either to trade shows or different suites that we have in our building and even though the whole building is a single level, we don't do any specific level set up to move it since we can get it through the doors just enough to move to another suite.  However, going to a trade show we do the required level to make sure ink doesn't leak inside to damage anything.  I don't know which level it is since I don't move it myself but our techs do.  I mainly use the printer and have set it up a few times.

If you're even moving it up a stair to another level, maybe a level one selection could be sufficient, but as far as I was told by Canon techs is the restrictions are based within certain degrees until things go somewhat south with ink entering the body.  This may surely depend on the stair height and what not since 30 degrees doesn't seem like much but may be more than enough to push the ink further than expected.

I would recommend checking with a Canon tech to verify this.  If you contact them and ask to speak to a tech regarding their suggestion of how you're moving it and the details, they should provide you with their best experience.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up