Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portovenere-Byron's cave  (Read 1124 times)

sarrasani

Portovenere-Byron's cave
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:32:33 am »

....nothing special, only  ultra-wide captures of this scenario near La spezia (n/w Italy).
Thank you for attention and all the best,
Sandro

(A7r, 10 mm. Voigtlander Hyper-Heliar, editing and compression with dxo).
Film cameras (13X18, 2,4X3,6), digital-foveon and digital-mosaic cameras.
Only manual focus lenses.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
Re: Portovenere-Byron's cave
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:03:10 am »

Good use of such a wide lens. It's hard to pick one over the others here ... but I guess I like the colored more.

francois

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:02:22 am »

I also like the color shots but the waves in the two B&W images are really like they try to grab the viewer (or photographer) and I like that feeling a lot.
Francois

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:23:58 am »

I'm with Francois on this one, the breaking waves do add appeal to the shot(s). At least to me they do :)

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:07:40 am »

Nice series.

sarrasani

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 01:04:56 pm »

thank you much Paulo, Francis, farbschlurf and Kevin for your attention and commenting.
All the best,
Sandro

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 03:07:48 pm »

Sandro,
Ahh, the bay of poets! I have over this lifetime noted these locations as "bocas". Dicen que the distracted here are swept away. Near the equator and the more domestic locations I try to visit at "super" low tides the reward is other-worldly. Is this in proximity to you? I hope that is the case and you will continue to develop a friendship here and share it with us, not so fortunate.

Here, we lost a clammer at the "super low" at the height of a severe blizzard this past week. I am almost passionate about the leaves and sheaves of ice stacking themselves in our coves now, but have a new experience of what it must have been to have rested below them as searchers sought my body just footsteps away. I do not believe my first impression ever again will be the beauty, but the eerie tragedy just below.

I truly hope you will find the time to become one with this location and the possibility breathing here.
Lumine!

A common woman~

sarrasani

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:35:49 pm »

Sandro,
Ahh, the bay of poets! I have over this lifetime noted these locations as "bocas". Dicen que the distracted here are swept away. Near the equator and the more domestic locations I try to visit at "super" low tides the reward is other-worldly. Is this in proximity to you? I hope that is the case and you will continue to develop a friendship here and share it with us, not so fortunate.

Here, we lost a clammer at the "super low" at the height of a severe blizzard this past week. I am almost passionate about the leaves and sheaves of ice stacking themselves in our coves now, but have a new experience of what it must have been to have rested below them as searchers sought my body just footsteps away. I do not believe my first impression ever again will be the beauty, but the eerie tragedy just below.

I truly hope you will find the time to become one with this location and the possibility breathing here.
Lumine!

Too much kind, thank you.  I live near these locations (200 km. ca.), but I am nothing special as  a photographer of these (and all the other, of
course) situations.   So fascinating these waves and this bay, I tried only some simple captures of the entire scene, using this 10 mm. lens.
I am sure that there are equally fascinating (or more) locations near you....
All the best,
Sandro

P.S. In that zone (Liguria, Italy) I often go as photographer in the Genova monumental cemetery. Fantastic (no equal, I know Pere Lachaise, prague and other ones, but this one is IMHO more impressive and various) monumental scenes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up