Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any suggestions for printing with 10" roll paper on Epson P600?  (Read 945 times)

Don.H

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
Any suggestions for printing with 10" roll paper on Epson P600?
« on: December 30, 2017, 11:08:43 am »

I've just purchased a roll of 10" x 100' Epson paper to use on my P600.

NOW I realize that the printer seems to only want to take 13" roll paper - I think I may need to cut sheets by hand and feed them into the sheet feeder as long single custom-sized sheets of paper (ie 10" x 48" etc).

Has anyone had any success printing with the P600 on 10" paper on the roll rather than as sheets?
Besides having to support the roll behind the printer (both core and overall diameter are too big for the P600 roll adapters), it looks like there may be difficulty specifying a narrower roll width and possibly in guiding the paper straight into the printer.

The 10"x100' roll is appealing because its cost per foot is much less than the 13" x ~32' rolls.

Thanks for sharing any experiences or suggestions!

Don
Logged

unesco

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 254
Re: Any suggestions for printing with 10" roll paper on Epson P600?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:25:07 pm »

Why do you think it prints only 13"?
I have P800 so similar technology and have no problem with printing 12" instead of 13".
Logged

Don.H

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
Re: Any suggestions for printing with 10" roll paper on Epson P600?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »

unesco,

Interesting - it turns out that one of the two roll adapters can slide along the back of the printer - I had thought they were both fixed... that still doesn't solve the roll core size or outside diameter, but it seems to imply that the paper will take a narrower but thicker roll if I can kludge a way to support it.

Thanks for the tip,

Don
Logged

Farmer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2848
Re: Any suggestions for printing with 10" roll paper on Epson P600?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:21:33 pm »

You can use whatever width the adaptor supports, but using a larger roll than designed could be problematic.  The weight of the roll will exceed the specification of the printer and may strain the motor.

That 100' roll is designed for larger format machines (SL-D units in particular)
Logged
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up