Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Previous Button...Options?  (Read 1493 times)

Michael West

The Previous Button...Options?
« on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:21 pm »

I would like to be able to use the setting for one image...on a similar image without then resetting  the crop...for the image the settings were copied to.

How can I eliminate the crop from one image being copied to another edit?

aduke

Re: The Previous Button...Options?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:08:53 pm »

The Copy Settings function is the thing to use. In the develop module. select which settings will be copied and clear the checkbox on all of the other develop settings. Then press the copy button,  open your target image in the Develop module and paste the settings.

Alan

Michael West

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 03:02:08 pm »

Thanks. Thats works.

I cant conceive of what percentage of the time..one would want the crop of one one image would be included in edit data applied  to another. but thats just  me. 

Perhaps its worth asking adobe about.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 03:34:26 pm »

I cant conceive of what percentage of the time..one would want the crop of one one image would be included in edit data applied  to another. but thats just  me. 

After a series of steps in developing an image where I did a crop as one of my first development steps, I may want to try another approach to developing the image.  Then I’ll copy the crop of the original, make a virtual copy of the file, fully reset the virtual copy, paste the crop, and continue from there.

And sometimes when I've sent a developed BW file to Photoshop I may discover that I want to have the color file as a layer to do some adjustments I hadn't anticipated needing.  I then make a virtual copy of the original and crop it by copy-pasting the crop of the original before changing it back to color and opening it in Photoshop.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

leuallen

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 05:06:34 pm »

I use external key pads. A Logitech G13 (for Lightroom) and Genovation MicroMaster 683 (Photoshop). I find that they greatly increase my efficiency.

For your problem I have three keys in a row: Previous, Copy, and Paste. Under those keys I have Enter. I would, on the file which would be Previous, hit Copy, check to see that everything is checked except Crop, then press Enter. Now press Paste. Usually the Copy settings are as you want them because you have been using it for other files for the same operation.

Or set Copy so that only Crop is checked. Press Copy on the working file to get the crop. Then press Previous and then Paste to revert the crop to what you want.

This can be done from the keyboard but I find it awkward, the keypad is much faster. I hate the ctrl-alt-shift stretch and crossing the left hand to the right side of the keyboard is a no no. My right hand is always on the mouse, so any key presses are done with the left hand. This means keys like the arrows and Enter are awkward and they are therefore on the key pad
Pages: [1]   Go Up