Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Ready  (Read 646 times)

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Getting Ready
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:21 am »

Had to crop this one. No time to frame properly.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Getting Ready
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:01:55 pm »

You are forgiven, Russ. You got the moment perfectly.

Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Getting Ready
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:45:34 am »

Excellent!
Logged

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Getting Ready
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:16:41 am »

Thanks, guys. I was shooting with the Pen-F, Bob. I use it with a 25mm Panasonic Leica DG Summilux. I'm getting the same visual feel from that lens, a property I can't really describe, that I used to get from my M4 with a 50mm Summicron. Walking the street with the 50mm equivalent lens is a lot like walking the street with my good old M4, except focus is immediate, so I don't have to use zone focus for this kind of shot. The camera always is in my hand, with the strap around my wrist, and I've rigged the Pen so I can focus with the second finger on my right hand while my index finger is on the shutter button. Without that arrangement this picture wouldn't have been possible. She was about to lose that pose. All I could do was raise the camera, center the girl, push the focus button and go click -- all in a single movement. I love that camera and lens.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up