Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Charles Cramer videos  (Read 12886 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Charles Cramer videos
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

The published Charles Cramer videos are now in the Videos section.

For 1080P quality be sure to click on the Settings control - the geared wheel

Majohnson

Re: Charles Cramer videos
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 02:53:28 am »

I am thoroughly enjoying this video series with Charles Cramer and eagerly await each new instalmant. I can honestly say I've learnt more from this series than I have for a very long time. It has raised my enthusiasm once again to get out and shoot and to print. I'm most excited about printing again!  :)

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:55:56 pm »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this series. 

Charles is a treasure.  The first two Parts were excellent to understand his approach to light, scene and seeing.  Part 3 is excellent on how to get hold of your printing and take your processing up a notch to make good prints.  Excellent.

Thanks so much for this series!!!

Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »

Part 4 is something I rarely see.  A master's approach to printing and getting to the final print.  My friends sometimes are incredulous that I will hang a print in my view and look at it for a month or more before I go "A-hah!"and make adjustments to get the print to just where I want it.  For me there are so many times that my interest in a portion of the print hides areas that need a bit more work. 

Kudos!  I find this series very valuable.
Regards,
Ron

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:45:24 pm »

We have had a few scattered reports of playback problems with Video#14 'Workflow'.

That video file will be replaced by 01/14/2018

Chris

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 04:59:13 pm »

Hi,

Yes, absolutely! A master photographer, a master printer and a master educator... and he even plays the piano!

Also, he seems to be a very kind person!

Best regards
Erik

I'm thoroughly enjoying this series. 

Charles is a treasure.  The first two Parts were excellent to understand his approach to light, scene and seeing.  Part 3 is excellent on how to get hold of your printing and take your processing up a notch to make good prints.  Excellent.

Thanks so much for this series!!!
Erik Kaffehr

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 02:03:39 pm »

I thoroughly enjoyed part 5 as well. What a treasure.
Regards,
Ron

rasmussen

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 09:57:28 am »

kevin,
Your 5 part interview video with Charles Cramer was excellent and my favorite presentation of all your videos. the depth of knowledge Charles displayed was wonderful. i especially enjoyed his use of curves in tonal mapping and masking and use of lab scales to determine luminosity in scenes. hope to see more of this in depth involvement in print making. also the schewe print stuff videos were really good- his books are excellent on the digital print and digital negative. get jeff on there to show some real life sharpening application. all of the stuff i have tried to absorb on sharpening technique borders on more than a bit of voodoo. You did a great job with charles asking the questions that needed to be asked. He is a treasure house of good information on landscape photography. i have used that focus magic plug in a bit and it seems to work quite well much of the time.

keep up the good work
rasmussen

rdonson

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 10:17:02 pm »

I can't get the latest 3 videos of Charlie Cramer to play.   Whazzup???
Regards,
Ron

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 10:52:42 pm »

Hmmm. Not sure what the problem might be.
Check the FAQs to see if there is a hint there
https://luminous-landscape.com/faqs/

Also make sure there is not some browser plugin that may be preventing playback.

Let us know

rdonson

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 02:15:28 pm »

Thanks for responding, Chris.

Checking more closely toda it was my browser that prohibited the playing of the videos (Chrome and Safari)

Ghostery, AdBlock and EFF Privacy Badger detected 18 trackers on the page and blocked them.  I'm not keen on being tracked by advertisers or social media so that's why the videos didn't play for me. 

I'll look for another way to make it work without giving away my privacy.  Probably time to fire up the VPN again.
Regards,
Ron

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 02:32:11 pm »

You can download the videos if you'd like to watch them.  Not sure why the videos would trigger trackers or where the trackers are coming from. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rdonson

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 06:31:24 pm »

Thanks for the workaround.  I will indeed download the videos as I'm enjoying your time with Charles immensely.  Each video is truly a gem.

The trackers are coming from you adverts and social media buttons.  Here's a sampling:
- Double Click
- Facebook Custom Audience
- Facebook Impressions
- Zendesk
- Google Analytics
- Alexa Metrics
- 3D stats
- Wistia
- Affiliates.bhphotovideo.com
- etc.

Regards,
Ron

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 02:28:22 am »

Absolutely!

...  Each video is truly a gem. ...

Erik Kaffehr

jpegman

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 01:13:12 pm »

Not sure what Rdonson's browser issues are, but, Firefox 59.01 and Chrome (65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)) with all "do not track" options engaged had no problems with watching (or downloading) the videos!
Jpegman

rdonson

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 10:39:44 am »

Not sure what Rdonson's browser issues are, but, Firefox 59.01 and Chrome (65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)) with all "do not track" options engaged had no problems with watching (or downloading) the videos!
Jpegman

"Do not track" is merely a request from your browser that few, if any, websites or advertisers pay attention to. 
Regards,
Ron

aderickson

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »

I just subscribed for the videos and have finished the Cramer series.

Bravo! Worth the entire years price! This has finally shown me how smart objects are useful and inspired me to go back to some of my images.

Allan

aross007

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 01:39:44 am »

The videos inspired me to attend one of Charlie’s workshops this past weekend. If you are the least bit impressed by the video, you will be blown away by the real thing.One warning, be prepared to work hard. First, he sends you a work book before class- 87 pages of exercises to be done before you go to class. Then there are three 12 hour days, where he demonstrates his techniques - on his own images first, and then on yours (with your help of course) As you do this, you make as many prints as you want, including a few big ones. You bring 10 prints to be critiqued, be sure to also bring the matching “raw” files, so you can work on them and reprint- you’ll have plenty of advice on improvements.  This is not a class for beginners, so you will go there with your own workflow. One of the hardest but most beneficial things to do is to put your workflow aside and try to copy Charlie’s. Then go back to yours and change it as seems appropriate. I know I will be incorporating more use of photoshop in the future. Highly recommended!

Shac

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 11:54:41 am »

I just want to thank both Charles and Kevin for a truly wonderful series. I not only learned so much useful information, but thoroughly enjoyed them all as well.
Thank you both
Daviu

mfaidengold

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 02:57:24 pm »

Hi guys,

I really enjoyed the Master series with Mr. Cramer, IMHO, one of the best you've done.
Question for you: does Mr. Cramer print straight out of Lightroom or Photoshop or he uses any RIP?
I wish you could have gone into that during the shoot with him.
Otherwise, again, great series and superb post-production.
Regards,
Moises Faidengold

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up