Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from Capture One Pro 9 to 11 -  (Read 3080 times)

The View

Upgrading from Capture One Pro 9 to 11 -
« on: December 19, 2017, 01:20:34 am »

I have upgraded from 9 to 11.

Problem: V9 is still on my computer. Do I have to open it again and deactivate before deleting?

Problem V11: I loaded my old, V 9.2 created catalog (98 GB) - does it automatically update previews - or is there something I can do to cause these updates?

When I loaded the old catalog into V11 the catalog was updated - but likely only the file reference system as it was a very short process. The previews see
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:20:43 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Jeff

Re: Upgrading from Capture One Pro 9 to 11 -
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:46:43 am »

Not sure one needs to update the previews but what you may wish to do is update the Process Engine in Color>Base Characteristics

I only do this if I need to re-edit a previous Engine version variant.

All new imports ( catalog ) will automatically be Engine 11
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:03:56 am by Jeff »

The View

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:56:12 am »

Not sure one needs to update the previews but what you may wish to do is update the Process Engine in Color>Base Characteristics

I only do this if I need to re-edit a previous Engine version variant.

All new imports ( catalog ) will automatically be Engine 11

Thanks, Jeff.

Will I have to do this for each image, or can it be done so it does it for all images in the catalog?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 12:48:13 pm »

Will I have to do this for each image, or can it be done so it does it for all images in the catalog?

Hi,

Just select all images, make sure that the "Edit all selected variants" toggle is selected, and click "upgrade" engine in the Base Characteristics tool on the Color tab.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

The View

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:23:04 pm »

Hi,

Just select all images, make sure that the "Edit all selected variants" toggle is selected, and click "upgrade" engine in the Base Characteristics tool on the Color tab.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks, Bart.

gdsf2

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:08:02 am »

I have upgraded from 9 to 11.

Problem: V9 is still on my computer. Do I have to open it again and deactivate before deleting?

Problem V11: I loaded my old, V 9.2 created catalog (98 GB) - does it automatically update previews - or is there something I can do to cause these updates?

When I loaded the old catalog into V11 the catalog was updated - but likely only the file reference system as it was a very short process. The previews see

Didn’t you, just a few days before this post, declare you were not upgrading because the quality of your previews were a deal breaker for you?  What changed?

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 06:00:53 am »

Regarding deactivating and removing CO9. You can safely do that. Note that if you upgraded your CO9 key to 11, the CO9 key is not working anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up