Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)  (Read 1184 times)

henrikolsen

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 170
Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:28:05 am »

I applied some updates in MCT for a Pro-1000 for some of the commonly used built-in media types, and noticed that the ink levels (called Ink Usage) had changed from previously (had some old screenshots from earlier testing for comparison) - from something lower to higher, e.g. from standard to medium-high for the often used Pro Platinum (often recommended for many 3rd party PBK  papers).

I wonder how much effect that would have for those using canned profiles for 3rd party papers (even for OEM) if ICC profiles are not updated accordingly. Has anyone noticed Canson, Hahnemühle or others have done updates because of this media type update? Just a heads up in case it matters to some.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:07:34 am by henrikolsen »
Logged

henrikolsen

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 170
Re: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:19:49 am »

Canson actually uses Pro Luster as media type for PBK, and that hasn't changed.

Hahnemühle uses Pro Platinum which has changed. Haven't checked yet if new profiles are made available here.
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:48:39 am »

I remember the Pro Platinum ink usage to be always "medium high", am I mistaken?
Logged

henrikolsen

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 170
Re: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:04 pm »

I remember the Pro Platinum ink usage to be always "medium high", am I mistaken?

I have a screenshot of MCT from February where it says Standard, so no, haven't always been like it is now with medium-high. When it was changed, I don't know.

I downloaded HMs profiles now out of curiosity, and they do have a different content from back then (different checksum), but the date mentioned in the icc headers are the same. So not sure the change reflects anything regarding the changed ink usage of the recommended media type.
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:11 pm »

I have a screenshot of MCT from February where it says Standard, so no, haven't always been like it is now with medium-high. When it was changed, I don't know.

I started using MCT around then (February) probably after the change.
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Media updates to Pro Platinum and more (for Canon Pro-1000)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 03:27:49 am »

Yes there were changes. There is a "Media Information File" v.04 posted in January 2017 in the Canon support page:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers/professional-inkjet-printers/imageprograf-pro-1000?subtab=downloads-software#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25
In the version history says that "Pro Platinum" was modified with v.02.

[Ver.02]
1.Following internal information for media has been modified.
- Paper Category : [Photo Papers]
 Photo Paper Plus Glossy II
 Photo Paper Pro Platinum
 Lightweight Photo Paper
 Heavyweight Photo Paper

- Paper Category : [Fine Art Papers]
 Highest Density Fine Art Paper
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up