Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using IQ3100 Achromatic over on LULA Home Page  (Read 3140 times)

algrove

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Using IQ3100 Achromatic over on LULA Home Page
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:52:35 am »

Excellent Lou! Thank you for the insights on how the ADB functions and use in the field.

“...and then remember to lock the lens in open position.” Hahaha. If only that part was as reliable as the rest of the workflow (at least in my case). I’m starting a project over on Kickstarter: human shock collar that will engage every time we forget to open the shutter after the back does a black reference frame.

Dave

algrove

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:31 am »

Thanks Dave.

From one who you helped get started in the technical camera arena.

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:28:27 pm »

I think these monochrome backs are pretty cool and appreciate the effort you put into the article.  The images, as they're posted, however, are very low quality considering what I know these devices can produce.  Maybe because they're smallish?  I don't know.  You might want to consider swapping them out with ones of better quality.  Specifically, on my MBP Touchbar, many have blocked up shadows and appear fairly soft.

I'd love to see any raws if you're comfortable sharing?

Cheers,
CB

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 12:14:15 pm »

Is 150 mp supposed to come to market? Any news at all?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:55:23 pm by alifatemi »

algrove

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »

I think these monochrome backs are pretty cool and appreciate the effort you put into the article.  The images, as they're posted, however, are very low quality considering what I know these devices can produce.  Maybe because they're smallish?  I don't know.  You might want to consider swapping them out with ones of better quality.  Specifically, on my MBP Touchbar, many have blocked up shadows and appear fairly soft.

Cheers,
CB

Chris
I was asked to transmit images SRGB at 72 dpi with maximum 820 pixels wide and that's how I converted my C1 images for sending them over to LULA.
I posted some of them on getDPI at 1280 pixels long side and to my eye they look better and much closer to how I processed them. Perhaps take a look there. I do not send out RAW files.
Lou

algrove

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 06:33:32 pm »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and feedback.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »

Just like with B&W film photography, is it necessary to have all of the color filters if you want to take advantage of altering tonalities? 

I would love to fool around with these backs, but the idea of carrying around all those filters is daunting. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

pemihan

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 02:37:13 pm »

Just like with B&W film photography, is it necessary to have all of the color filters if you want to take advantage of altering tonalities? 

I would love to fool around with these backs, but the idea of carrying around all those filters is daunting.

Yes, the achromatic backs behave exactly like B&W film in that regard.

Peter

algrove

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 06:02:40 pm »

True just like hauling around the Kitchen sink.  ;D

algrove

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 01:23:54 pm »

Cheers,
CB

Chris
I have had requests for better resolution images. I can process any image at 2880 pixels long side should you want a few for viewing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up