Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SilverFast profiles.  (Read 917 times)

enduser

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 610
SilverFast profiles.
« on: December 16, 2017, 09:15:16 pm »

Mark D Segal request. When working with SilverFast did you try their profile-making system using a profiled scanner?  Thanks.
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: SilverFast profiles.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 11:58:44 pm »

Their scanner profiling algorithm characterizes how the scanner interprets the colours of the media being profiled.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Stefan Ohlsson

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 174
Re: SilverFast profiles.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 05:20:08 am »

Mark D Segal request. When working with SilverFast did you try their profile-making system using a profiled scanner?  Thanks.
You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options? I've tried its once, several years ago, and I keep the profile that was generated when I demonstrate how you use ColorThink to find a bad profile. It was really bad.

But I said, this was many years ago, so maybe they have improved this function.
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: SilverFast profiles.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 10:14:31 am »

You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options? I've tried its once, several years ago, and I keep the profile that was generated when I demonstrate how you use ColorThink to find a bad profile. It was really bad.

But I said, this was many years ago, so maybe they have improved this function.

Oh - if this is what "enduser" is thinking of, then the answer to your question is yes, I have tried it. I, perhaps erroneously, thought his question was about scanner profiling.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

enduser

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 610
Re: SilverFast profiles.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:39:00 pm »

After one "bad" in this thread and a "bad" in another thread, and no way to test as a demo - well, no further interest. Thanks to those who commented.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: SilverFast profiles.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 10:47:33 am »

You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options?
I did, sometime late last year, early this year: the printer profiles were absolutely awful and useless. Don't go there!  ;D
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up