Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Huron - Winter  (Read 4729 times)

Chad-wl

Lake Huron - Winter
« on: March 17, 2005, 02:24:38 pm »

I was shooting just north of you on Saturday...

Skiied from Cypres Lake with the girlfriend to the Bruce trail and tooks a few rolls, the skiied out with my new fiance. I'll have the photos back in a while and may post some.

The bay had a lot of beautiful shots and some very blue skies compared to the gray back in Toronto.

It would be worth staying overnight in Tobermory to ensure that you get some nice sunrise shots.

Cheers!

katemann

Lake Huron - Winter
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:27:07 pm »

Good to hear that you guys are enjoying the Peninsula. The entire area is fabulous.

You might like to check out Halfway Rock Dump which is south of the Cypress area but still on a cobblestone beach. I am dying to get back up there!

If you cruise through Owen Sound, take a break at Jensen Music, where I am ensconsed most days. It would be good to see you!

glenndavyphoto

• http://www.glenndavy.com
Lake Huron - Winter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:38:24 pm »

Whew, been very busy lately and haven't had much chance to get over here in a bit.  I need to do some catching up.  At least I've been able to get a little photography in (still waiting on the D2X though   ), so I thought I'd post one here from last weekend.  Yes, it was very "blue" that morning, what with all the blue sky and low sun.  However, I did do a colour correction on this, but am not certain it was just right.  Comments/criticisms always welcome   .

This shot is taken near Cape Hurd at the very north end of the Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada.  Yes, it was a "tad" chilly that morning, but things warmed up quite a bit during the day.  It must be getting near maple syrup time .

OK, off to process a few more images and do some reading.  Thanks.

Glenn
Glenn
h

glenndavyphoto

Lake Huron - Winter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 08:16:29 am »

Hi Chad,
My apologies for taking so long to get back to you (and for accidentally killing the photograph I had posted here   ).  As I noted in the "Frosty Morning" thread, I've been away for a bit.

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!!  ::   I take it the girlfriend that went in and the fiancee that came out were one in the same person   .  Congratulations!!  It was a great day!  Funny you mentioned that though - I too went into the parking lot at Cyprus Lake, right where it meets the lake itself.  I wonder if we actually crossed paths at one point?  I do a lot of shooting up that way now so perhaps we can team up at some point and hit all the high spots (pun intended - sorry   ).  I've not skiied in that region for years, but I have been carrying my snowshoes most places I go.  Next winter I really want to get down to the Bay once the snow is lying deep on the ground, but preferably before the ice comes in.  That can make for some really spectacular photography, even on gray days, with the open water and the snow, as I'm sure you know.

Many thanks for the comments, and if you'd like to get together for some photography at some point, or just to yak, by all means drop me a line from here or at my website.  Good stuff Chad, and once again, CONGRATS!
Glenn
h

glenndavyphoto

Lake Huron - Winter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 01:40:56 pm »

Teeerific Kate   .  I may be through tomorrow, but it's a holiday so I'll miss you then.  However, I'll be making more and more trips up that way and for sure I'll drop in.  It'll be good to meet you.

I know about Half-way as I've hiked that area a bit, and did a sea kayak trip from Red Bay to Lion's Head by way of Flowerpot Isl a bunch of years ago.  I love that side of the Bay for sure.  One thing I'd love to do is get over to Flowerpot in winter, but that's a tad tricky to do.  I work next door to a heliwhacker* outfit and may just charter myself a ride some day, if TC will allow us to land there.  It would be great to spend a few days there photographing in winter.

OK, hope to run into you sooner rather than later   .

Glenn
*heliwhacker - aviationese for helicopter  :laugh:
Glenn
h
Pages: [1]   Go Up