Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Actus + GFX + Canon TS-E lenses?  (Read 3399 times)

Rob_Strovich

Cambo Actus + GFX + Canon TS-E lenses?
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:50:03 am »

Hi!

Has someone successfully used Canon TS-E wideangel lenses (17mm and 24mm) on the Actus with the Canon lens board? Is it possible? I have seen the Arca Swiss Universalis can mount them... Nothing online about the Actus?

Thank you guys!

Rob

Gerd_Peters

Re: Cambo Actus + GFX + Canon TS-E lenses?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:24 am »

Hello Rob,

You will need the Lensplate ACB-CA for Canon. The Lensplate fits the Actus Mini and the Actus XL. CLICK::

I myself use the Actus XL together with the GFX. However, I have no Canon lenses - or other KB lenses - in use on the Actus and can tell you nothing.

Greeting Gerd

Rob_Strovich

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:16 am »

Thanks Gerd,

I will email to Cambo to be sure.

Regards

Rob

Rob_Strovich

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:21:49 am »

Hi,

this is the Cambo answer: The combination Actus-GFX with Canon lenses is unfortunately not possible. Although we have an ACB-CA lensplate, this is for use with small mirrorless bodies, like Sony A-7 and Fuji-X.

So the only way to use Canon TS-E lenses with the GFX will be their CA-GFX lens adapter or the Kipon one.

The Arca swiss Universalis seems better on this point as I have seen the TS-E lenses work with it and the GFX...

Regards

Rob

Gerd_Peters

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:50:19 am »

The answer of Cambo I think actually for absolute nonsense (or it is a problem of the image circle).

Of course, a KB lens has a smaller image circle. The Canon TS has a slightly larger image circle. How far you can move it without shading I do not know. But that's not different with the Acra. Conversely, that should not work for the Acra.

The installation distance between Canon and the Fuji GFX can not be synonymous. Even if the gear blocks are already close together, you can move the position of the lens plate alone (Actus Mini). To get more distance between the gear blocks. With the Actus XL you can also do that with the camera plate. For the Acra, that would be the same.

Greetings Gerd

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:57:24 am »

The Universalis for the GFX has a modified (shorter) front standard to accommodate the deeper grip of the Fuji body.  The Canon mount for the Actus is pretty tall, so it may be that you can't achieve Inf focus on the Cambo/GFX in vertical orientation.  Just guessing...

CB

Gerd_Peters

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 12:16:41 pm »

Hello Chris,

I looked at it closely and suspect that you could be right. The GFX in vertical orientation with the handle could touch the very high Canon adapter. It is very close ...

The camera lens distance is:
Canon EF Mount 44mm
Fuji G-mount 26.7 mm
Sony E-mount 18 mm
Fuji X-mount 17.7 mm
Canon M-mount 18 mm

For the GFX then still remained 17.3 mm left (distance Gripp / bayonet). That's close - though I can not say for sure that the Gripp over the adapter sticks out.

Greeting Gerd

chrismuc

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:12:49 pm »

Hmm, I don't get it. The Canon TSE lenses have tilt and shift. All you need is an adapter like the Canon EF - Fuji GF from Steel or other for a few hundred bucks and you have all you want including closing the aperture by the Fuji GFX, EXIF recording in the raw file (and AF function for Canon or Sigma AF lenses). Neither Actus nor the expensive Cambo EF-GF adapter with battery required.

Craig Magee

• www.craigmagee.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »

I think the problem is that with either Canon lens plate, electronic or dumb, the Actus mount for the GFX is to thick to get infinity. The universalis has a much thinner mount as it doesn't take all the weight of the camera and doesn't have the rotating mechanism.

Reason for wanting to use and Actus or Universalis is that you gain the ability to use rise and fall along with shifts to stitch multiple images together with no errors and more precision. As well as adding tilt or swing independent of those movements.

the_luminous_french

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 05:20:36 am »

Reason for wanting to use and Actus or Universalis is that you gain the ability to use rise and fall along with shifts to stitch multiple images together with no errors and more precision. As well as adding tilt or swing independent of those movements.

ok, but then, you will run out of image circle... nonsense !
With ultrawides on MF, even with dedicated real MF backs, thing are not that simple !
For example, the shortest lens available for full frame back (using movements) is the rodenstock 32mm !
I have the rodenstock 28, and i'm using it with a 36x48mm back... but movements are limited !
There is a 23, but nearly no movements available...
If it was that easy to make a 17mm that covers MF with movements, Rodenstock would have done it...

Rob_Strovich

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 09:55:01 am »

Thanks for your replies!

My question was intended much more for a investment point of view. I'm using sony at the moment with plans for a future upgrade next year to Fuji and I would like to use both of them with a view camera like an Actus or Universalis. It seems to me that buying into an Arca swiss Universalis you can use both cameras with no troubles, you only need two rear adapters. With the Cambo+Fuji you need the Actus for Sony + Fuji adapter + Canon lens adapter (or the Kipon one)...

Regards

Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up