Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Classic, slow, slower, the slowest ?  (Read 1344 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
LR Classic, slow, slower, the slowest ?
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:00:28 am »

Hi There,

I just wanted to get it off my chest and see if I could do something to speed everything up. I find Classic even slower than the CC 2015... Is that even possible ? I really don't get it. I mean how can a program be THAT slow ?

Everything is very slow during import.. and Preview building... and by the way, why is LR only using around 15-20% of the CPU power ? Its a Intel i7 6900K 8 core....

Perhaps I have some settings wrong or so, but honestly, C1 is fast, everything else is fast, even PS is OK, but LR ?!?!?

Specs:
Win 10
Intel i7 6900K
128GB Mem
2x R9 390
LR on SSD.....

Thanks a lot.
Christopher
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: LR Classic, slow, slower, the slowest ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:46:12 am »

Adobe support told me to rename some of the pref. files to make a clean start. Looks like it gave LR a boost. Will report back how it turns out.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

mbaginy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:26 am »

I find Classic even slower than the CC 2015...
That's odd.  Even on my aged iMac (with i3) LR Classic runs noticeably faster.  No blinding speed, but a great improvement over days staring at spinning beach balls.

Maybe some setting needs to be adjusted with your preferences.   Is "Use Graphics Processor" checked?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:14:28 am by Mike D. B. »

GeraldB

• Gerald Bloch Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:44:53 pm »

My observation on Windows 10 is that when I reboot the system lightroom classic starts up fairly quickly (say 12 seconds to the end of spinning circle). After some time the startup slows down until it gets up to 20-30 seconds. Reboot fixes it again. I've tried the reset prefs route, made no difference I could see. When the startup is slow many other things are also slow like opening forms like the preferences dialog. Graphics card support is disabled.
I realize there are a lot of variable but this kind of behaviour is new in classic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up