Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XCD 120mm Macro Review, Part 1 of 3  (Read 2774 times)

Brad P

XCD 120mm Macro Review, Part 1 of 3
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:43 am »

First, here are some medium downsized pictures out of Phocus and accompanying full sized 100% crops.  All pics are shot at 100 ISO in aperture priority.  Outdoor lighting was cloudy, indoor lighting was decent but not studio quality, rather living room lighting with big windows and a color balanced LED light panel.  All processing was done in Phocus with fairly minimal adjustments.  All shots were processed in reproduction low gain where I supply the curve -- basically a hand crafted lighten curve supplying some contrast.  Minimal sharpening (1 or 2) and noise reduction was applied to the flower pics, but not the technical ones.  For adjustments to all photos, I essentially did a three point curve (my license, sorry) and stretched out the white and black points to fill the histogram to about RGB 1-255.  Nothing else except as described above.

The orchid is about 1.5 inches (4 cms) across and was the only flower shot at minimum distance.  F3.5, 1/10 sec, ISO 100.

The pink flowers are about 3 inches across.  The shot was taken at about 2 feet (2/3 m) away.  F8, 1/10 sec, ISO 100.  There are bugs visible there for bug people.  These are small out of focus bugs.  Iā€™d personally rather check out the fallen pollen.

Click on any pic for more detail. 

Part 2 continues here.  http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=121993.0
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:04:01 am by Brad P »

jduncan

Re: XCD 120mm Macro Review
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:52 am »

I have only one copy, so your mileage may vary.  The one I received exceeds expectations. My review is in three parts and begins here.

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=5377.0

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't see the images that you mention, and the text is broken in 3 parts probably due to limits of the Hasselblad forum.
Could you share here or in the GetDPI forum?  You could attach the pictures directly and you don't have so many post limits.
GetDPI will be ideal as there is a vibrant community of MF users and the Forum is brand neutral.

Again thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
english is not my first language, an I k

Bo_Dez

Re: XCD 120mm Macro Review
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:07:26 am »

Why post a review with a link to another site that you have to register to see?

No thanks.

But I'm interested in your review.

Brad P

Re: XCD 120mm Macro Review, Part 1 of 3 (pics here now)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 12:00:22 pm »

Dooooh!  Thought you could see the pics there.  Just reposted here.

Bo_Dez

Re: XCD 120mm Macro Review, Part 1 of 3 (pics here now)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 12:26:44 pm »

Nice dude. The pink flower shot looks blooming impressive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up