Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying prints  (Read 1600 times)

coloniadelsacramento

Displaying prints
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:29:51 pm »

Anyone have advice on simple but effective way to display prints without mounting or framing?  Tired of pins in the wall! 

mbaginy

Re: Displaying prints
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:57:43 pm »

I like using Jorgen Moller aluminum poster hangers.

Both silver and anodized black versions are available in numerous lengths.  They are cost effective, light and quick to assemble.  Obviously they don't offer the protection of proper glass (or acrylic) frames.  At my last exhibition I noticed people touching prints.  They seemed to enjoy the Moab Juniper Baryta Rag paper on which I had printed.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »

Both silver and anodized black versions are available in numerous lengths.  They are cost effective, light and quick to assemble.  Obviously they don't offer the protection of proper glass (or acrylic) frames.  At my last exhibition I noticed people touching prints.  They seemed to enjoy the Moab Juniper Baryta Rag paper on which I had printed.

Opportunity: do like some market stalls do - "touch it, buy it" - teach 'em all a lesson, if you can enforce it.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:30:58 pm »

+1; good cost point and it's nice as they are reusable and you can rotate prints.

Redcrown

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 10:06:49 pm »

Buy some coin magnets (square or round). The kind you find on refrigerator magnets. Buy some 3M peel and stick mounts. They come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, available at every hardware or craft supply store.

Put one coin magnet on the outside of the print, another right behind it, on all 4 corners. Put the peel-n-sticks on the back side magnets. Press and stick on wall. Magnets reusable, peel-n-stick not, but cheap. I've used peel-n-sticks on all types of surfaces - plaster, wood, stone, metal - and removed all with no problem.

mbaginy

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 01:40:15 am »

... if you can enforce it.
Yeah, that may prove challenging.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:12:37 am »

Copy that.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:18:10 pm »

Magnet-attached prints work so well on my black fridge, I'm tempted to install a permanent black sheet of steel on my wall. I love being able to exchange prints effortlessly.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »

Thanks, I had been meaning to get some of those poster hangers and this finally got me to order a few now that I've got a new printer!
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up