Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 import  (Read 2552 times)

farbschlurf

• fototypo
C1 import
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:10:23 pm »

I have a question/ problem regarding importing pictures in the new C1 11.
My photos are organized chronologically, I just copy the camera folder. I use to than just import and select the folder above in the tree-hierarchy.
While C1 9 and 10 "found" and imported the new pictures quickly, in 11 the program seems to go through the entire catalog counting all the (10.000+) pictures there anytime I import, which takes about 10-15 minutes or so.
Anyone else seen that? Or did I accidentally  messed up something, somewhere?

Dave Rosser

• My Website
Re: C1 import
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:06 pm »

Have you got exclude duplicates box ticked (may have a different name but same meaning, I am away from my computer and can't check)? This can slow things down particularly if you use Microsoft OneDrive for storage.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:09:38 pm »

Have you got exclude duplicates box ticked.
No, that's disabled ... already.
(When I enable this, things get even slower, far beyond amounts of time I like to wait (hours?), so you're right, in a way ...)

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »

No, that's disabled ... already.
(When I enable this, things get even slower, far beyond amounts of time I like to wait (hours?), so you're right, in a way ...)
Can you raise a support case please. It's at the bottom of this page https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx
I had this problem while beta testing 11.

Dave

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 03:04:06 am »

Thanks. I'll do that.

Jim2

• http://
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 07:22:50 am »

Why are you pointing the import to the parent directory instead of to the actual directory you're importing?

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 08:50:12 am »

I import to several locations/ subfolders frequently and don't think it's particular practical to import each folder _manually_ – it's a computer/ software, it's supposed to make work easier, isn't it?! Also that worked fine that way up to the last C1 v10 version ... I got this workflow long time. 

Jim2

• http://
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 11:22:19 am »

Sorry I think my question was a bit ambiguous. What were the actual import folder and output folder in your case?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:55:41 am by Jim2 »

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 11:33:49 am »

No problem, it's just support suggested the same and I had to explain, why I don't want to go through the import procedure for 5 or even 10 times depending on what I did.

I copy subfolders to that folder from the camera/cards and let the import keep the files at their actual location than. I consider changing my workflow and let C1 copy the files, or something, as in the meantime it takes about an hour in my case until C1 is finished going through currently about 6000 pictures. Too long ... still hope it'll be solved soon.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 08:53:09 am »

HA! -- Issue solved in C1 11.1.0. apparently!! Thanks god, as my (yearly) catalog grows, it was just about time. Now about 10-times faster than before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up