Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retouching spots showing on print.  (Read 1526 times)

hea7

Retouching spots showing on print.
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:27:53 pm »

Retouching spots are showing on print. Is this a workflow issue?

TonyW

Re: Retouching spots showing on print.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:16 am »

Probably, assuming you mean retouching image data rather than spotting directly on print substrate - can you share a copy of your print showing the spots and original data before and after retouching

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »

In general a print is much higher resolution than a screen, and will show retouching faults that are very hard to see on the monitor.
You could try using Nik's Color Efex Pro 4 (free with the Nik suite) and select tonal contrast. It's a sort of tonal contrast on steroids.
Use it to see processing errors. I use it to find dust spots in skies that don't show up well on the screen, but rear their ugly head in print.
David

saiguy

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »

I edited a file in PS via bridge. Did a Marque selection of a small central portion. Think I black masked the extraneous areas out properly. When I printed it from LR I saw a faint, but clear, thin black thin line of the marque. I also noticed a circular thin black line of what I am sure was a spot heat click. Did not also see it until on the print.

CeeVee

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 05:58:47 am »

I edited a file in PS via bridge. Did a Marque selection of a small central portion. Think I black masked the extraneous areas out properly. When I printed it from LR I saw a faint, but clear, thin black thin line of the marque. I also noticed a circular thin black line of what I am sure was a spot heat click. Did not also see it until on the print.
View in PS at Cntrl+1 will show defects, also try not to do this last (just before printing) not a "best" practice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up