Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From iPad Photos to LuLa also within iPad  (Read 3623 times)

Rob C

From iPad Photos to LuLa also within iPad
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:15:29 am »

Okay, so I made a couple of snaps using the iPad camera, and thought I'd post them in LuLa also working within the iPad.

I can't find out how that's done. I imagined that I could copy the pictures from iPad's Photos and, by using the box with the upward pointing arrow, stick them onto a post in LuLa. Doesn't fly.

I also attempted to do the same thing by using the Mona Lisa icon in LuLa but it wouldn't show a "paste" sign.

Anybody know how to do this trick?

Rob C

Telecaster

Re: From iPad Photos to LuLa also within iPad
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 03:55:40 pm »

Rob, you need only tap on the Attachments and other options text and then on the Choose File button. This will bring up a rectangle with three options. Pick the middle one, Photo Library. Then choose All Photos and you’ll get another rectangle containing thumbnails of all your saved photos. Tap on the one you want. LuLa lets you attach up to four. When you Post your message the pic will upload. Note that you’ll want to downsize your pics prior to uploading as LuLa has size limits.

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 04:38:30 pm »

Rob, you need only tap on the Attachments and other options text and then on the Choose File button. This will bring up a rectangle with three options. Pick the middle one, Photo Library. Then choose All Photos and you’ll get another rectangle containing thumbnails of all your saved photos. Tap on the one you want. LuLa lets you attach up to four. When you Post your message the pic will upload. Note that you’ll want to downsize your pics prior to uploading as LuLa has size limits.

-Dave-

What you describe is uploading to LuLa from a computer, isn't it, which is what I do already. My problem is doing the upload from within the iPad to LuLa as viewed on the iPad, the entire operation never going to the computer.

I suspect that a part of the problem might be that straight iPad image files are too big, and I don't see how I can reduce them without going to the computer and Photoshop. Even the cellphone files reduce to post onwards as attachments to text messages.

Somebody wrote that little on the web is intuitive... I have to agree, but then what may be intuitive to one...

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »

What you describe is uploading to LuLa from a computer...

Nope... just try it.

I am attaching a medical advice, as an example:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

And to test uploading a photo just taken by my iPad:

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:05:00 am »

And to test uploading a photo just taken by my iPad:

That bottle appears to have been neglected since the last time it starred!

Rob
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:22:07 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:22:36 am »

Nope... just try it.

I'm trying here again, but using both compouter and iPad, computer to foillow instructions, and iPad to do the deed.

1. I tap Photo Library
2. I don't have an All Photos, so I shall pick Camera Roll and tap an image in that, which I have done
3. Save

Now it seems to have worked! See snap above.

What I think I have been trying to do is do the entire operation from the image itself instead of working on two fronts at once. You need a female mind to handle this shit intuitively - that's why female intuition is so higjly valued!

Thank you Dave and Slobodan! I hope I remember this process the next time!

Rob
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:27:24 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 04:28:56 am »

Nope... just try it.

Does the Advice contain further illustrations to reveal the female version of headache?

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 09:52:28 am »

Does the Advice contain further illustrations to reveal the female version of headache?

Hell, yeah!

(Uploaded from my iPad):

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 11:58:01 am »

Yes, I understand: she's confused about the location of her head, poor dear. Such a shame, don't you think?

:-)

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 04:17:39 pm »

2. I don't have an All Photos, so I shall pick Camera Roll and tap an image in that, which I have done

Hmmm, you must be running an old version of iOS. The Camera Roll became All Photos awhile back.

These days I resize (and process) pics via the Affinity Photo app, but something like Snapseed can do it too. I used the Photogene app for years but iOS 11 and stronger competition killed it.

-Dave-

John McDermott

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 05:04:13 pm »

-Dave-

I don't see an "Attachments and other Options" text on my screen in Photos. What am I missing?
John E. McDermott

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »

I don't see an "Attachments and other Options" text on my screen in Photos. What am I missing?

It is not in your Photos, but on LuLa, when you are composing a post.

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 02:04:42 pm »

It is not in your Photos, but on LuLa, when you are composing a post.

That was exactly my own initial problem: I expected to be doing it from the opened photograph! In other words, backwards.

So pleased you guys helped me out - that's how I was able to put the two car snaps up in "Mustang".

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up