Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem  (Read 4313 times)

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:52:43 am »

I just got a new Pro-4000 and it seems that eveything is set up correctly yet it won't print the file sent to it.

I did a head alignment and it printed out the test so I know  the printer will actually print.

When i send the file to the printer, the printer window opens up and show the file being sent to the printer and then it just disappears.

I go to the touch screen on the printer, I find the file waiting to be printed, which shows ne the printer and the computer are talking to each other but when I hit print, nothing happens.

I have pause disabled, so that isn't the problem.

Personally, i shouldn't have to go over to the printer and do exactly what i did on my computer, right?

Any thoughts??

As a side note, I switched from an Epson 11880 to the Canon.
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:15:27 pm »

This may be something either with the connection, drivers or firmware.
I would recommend contacting Canon to diagnose the problem and they should help you fix it.  If you just got the printer and something is wrong with the hardware itself that they can't fix via email/phone, they will have a tech come out to try working on it at no charge (under warranty) or send you a replacement.  These issues are usually easy to fix upfront, but there will be the occasional unit that is defective.

800-423-2366
Logged

Abdo

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 157
    • Abdo Abdala - Photography
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:31:12 pm »

This for me is not a problem in the printer, but in the installation of the Driver.

Do you use MAC?

I recommend getting another computer and connect directly to the USB and test again.

You may have to reinstall the system.

Sorte !

Ryan Mack

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 342
    • Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »

I had this problem when I was using a media type that was installed on the printer but not copied back into the driver. Check the online instructions for setting up new media types. First you copy from internet or computer into the printer usijg the media configuration tooo. Then you go into the driver utilities and copy the data back from the printer into he driver.
Logged

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 01:33:27 pm »

Here's an update....

I tried..on a whim.. to have the printer manage colors and it printed!!!

No idea if the colors are accurate or ont yet, just that it actualy DID print, so they are communicating with each other and the printer does work... just no idea why it won't let PS manage colors.

I'm sure there is a little box that needs checking or unchecking somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:06:58 pm by framah »
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 11:45:40 am »

...annnd once again an update..as if anyone is interested.

Seems that the printer will print as long as the printer profile setting is set on working RGB. When i specifically set it to a Canon profile, it doesn't print.

Now, I am printing on a roll of Epson paper but unless it has magical powers, how does the printer know that and refuse to print?

Why would it refuse to print? 
I'm using the Epson paper as i have alot left over from the old Epson printer and don't want to waste the good stuff getting this thing going.
Anyone know of profiles for Epson paper on a Canon printer?
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

How are the printer and computer connected?
Logged

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »

At this point, how they are connected is irrelevant as it is obvious that they are talking to each other just fine as it does make prints.

This is about the profile settings not allowing it to print axcept for the generic Working RGB setting.
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »

I ask because I had a problem printing from my laptop which was connected through wi-fi with the router and the printer also. I thought that it was an application (photoshop) problem but it was not. When I switch to a wired connection the problems were gone.
Logged

Ryan Mack

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 342
    • Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 01:34:33 pm »

Where did you get the profile for the paper? Perhaps there is an issue with the media type or the profile.
Logged

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:52 pm »

At this point the profiles are the canned ones that came with the Canon install.

Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

David Sutton

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1345
    • David Sutton Photography
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »

Have you tried different printing software?
I mention it because if I print to my 6300 from Qimage the print dialogue comes up and then nothing. I have to hit the print button 3 or 4 times and yell out bad words for it to work.
OTOH printing from Lightroom works every time.
David
Logged

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:16 pm »

What bad words???  Maybe i'm not yelling the right ones!!  ;D ;D

I was wondering about that other possibility. Possible that PS is the problem.
I'll run it thru LR and see what happens. Thanks.
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Abdo

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 157
    • Abdo Abdala - Photography
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »

I use Mac for years ... 6400, 8400 ... 4000 .etc. no problem !!!!
The problem is simple: fill the computers with shit ... with programs without any functionality ... and know how to install and use only what you need ... simple like this ...

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:27 am »

Just an update...  I reloaded PS and it still does not print from PS unless it is the generic working RGB profile.
 
I did not uninstall PS but just reloaded over the old one. Was that a good idea or should I have removed the old one first?


Unfortunately, as it is the busy Xmas season for me framing, this all will have to wait till after the holidays.
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

David Sutton

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1345
    • David Sutton Photography
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »

Just an update...  I reloaded PS and it still does not print from PS unless it is the generic working RGB profile.
 
I did not uninstall PS but just reloaded over the old one. Was that a good idea or should I have removed the old one first?


Unfortunately, as it is the busy Xmas season for me framing, this all will have to wait till after the holidays.
Let us know if LR is any better when you get time. I never liked PS for printing, it could get buggy, particularly with some printers.
Logged

Abdo

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 157
    • Abdo Abdala - Photography
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 06:03:54 pm »

PS / LR .. and others ... it does not matter ..
What is worth is driver, knowing how to make the correct setup is what matters .. 8) 8) 8)

framah

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1418
Re: Canon Pro-4000 printing problem
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 10:06:37 am »

 Last nite I uninstalled PS thru their process and then reloaded it and it did finally print with one of Canons profiles and having PS manage color.

Still not sure everything is fixed and will throw more files to it with different papers and see what happens.

I have a love/hate relationship with technology... I love to hate it!!! :o  Bazinga!!
Logged
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up