Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P9000 odd problem  (Read 1586 times)

[email protected]

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 209
    • http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
P9000 odd problem
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:30:05 am »

Hi all,

Has anybody seen something like this in P9000? The files come from A2 prints on FINE ART BARYTA HAHNEMUEHLE PAPER.
Nozzle checks better than perfect!
The image 4917 shows the first coming out side of the print, from the printer and the image 4918, the last side

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:34:21 am by Idololab »
Logged
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

Garnick

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1229
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:33:26 am »

Hi all,

Has anybody seen something like this in P9000? The files come from A2 prints on FINE ART BARYTA HAHNEMUEHLE PAPER.
Nozzle checks better than perfect!
The image 4917 shows the first coming out side of the print, from the printer and the image 4918, the last side

Thank you

Hello George,

Two questions:  What resolution(dpi) are you printing in?  If it's not the highest I would advise you to try that first.  Are you using bidirectional(Hight Speed) or Unidirectional(High Speed OFF)?  I would suggest that you try "High Speed OFF".  If none of these options work separately, try a combination of Highest dpi setting(2880x1440) and "High Speed OFF".  If none of these work I would advise you to call Epson Support.  They will probably ask you to send pics of the issue, which of course you already have.  I seem to recall seeing this quite a few years ago, but unfortunately I don't remember if I fixed it, or if it fixed itself eventually.  Hope this helps. 

Gary   
Logged
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

[email protected]

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 209
    • http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:30:30 pm »

Hi Garry
Thank you for your response!
I use the high quality settings (2880x1440, uni directional, micro wave off), always.
I have already call Epson for help and i have sent the photos to them.The technician
will come on Tuesday or Wednesday. In the meantime I try to find some useful information.
Now i don't have anymore the problem from image 4917(after cleanings etc...) but i steel
have the other.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:33:47 pm by Idololab »
Logged
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 01:11:27 pm »

Hi Garry
Thank you for your response!
I use the high quality settings (2880x1440, uni directional, micro wave off), always.
I have already call Epson for help and i have sent the photos to them.The technician
will come on Tuesday or Wednesday. In the meantime I try to find some useful information.
Now i don't have anymore the problem from image 4917(after cleanings etc...) but i steel
have the other.
This isn't exactly like what happens when you use v4 ICC profiles instead of v2 profiles., but it is somewhat similar.    Normally only a problem if you make your own profiles since I believe i1Profiler still defaults to v4.  Vendor profiles are normally v2 and no problem.
Logged

[email protected]

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 209
    • http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:37:34 pm »

Hahnemuehle’s Fine Art Baryta profile is used, as always
but without problem before. I print via Lr Classic. One odd think
was that one line of the light cyan block in the nozzle check came out
a bit more magenta. After cleaning, the nozzle check came out
ok but the problem persisted.
Logged
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

datro

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 233
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 05:15:00 pm »

You need to check your test nozzle printout very carefully with a magnifying glass under good light.  I believe you have one or more nozzles that are deflected.  Sometimes this is hard to see with a casual glance....you must look very carefully.  The tell tale sign here is that you have banding at the beginning and end of the print where the carriage moves but the paper doesn't while laying down the ink.

Dave
Logged

[email protected]

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 209
    • http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
Re: P9000 odd problem
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 01:14:35 am »

You are right Dave! But I have even scanned the test and I have examined it
very carefully. It is perfect! That’s why I believe that I am in trouble...
Logged
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece
Pages: [1]   Go Up