Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-asking a question about After Shot Pro 3  (Read 2376 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re-asking a question about After Shot Pro 3
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:44:01 pm »

I asked something similar about a year ago, and there wasn't much response so thought I'd try again. Are many people using After Shot Pro 3 (formerly Bibble Pro) from Corel?

I bought it last year as i was planning to finally move off Aperture because I have held back on OS upgrades on my iMac. I have not had much time to play with it.

I could probably live with something like Affinity as a lot of what I do is simply for personal use. However, I do photograph bicycle and automobile racing, which means lots of pictures taken under similar conditions, so it is very convenient to "copy/Paste" adjustments to hundreds of photos. I do not want to give this up if I can help it. After Shot Pro does this, but I was just wondering about people's experience with it. Is it up to job for most things? I could live using a different application for more detail work.

I have never used Photoshop and never really used LR5 much.
--
Robert

Dave Ellis

Re: Re-asking a question about After Shot Pro 3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:56:05 am »

Hi Robert

I've been using AfterShot Pro 3 for a few months now as my first choice raw converter and am quite happy with it. It is fast and does a good quality raw conversion in my opinion. It is a parametric editor with all adjustments stored in sidecar files. It has icc camera profiles built in (which are quite good) but if you have the means to produce your own, you can use them too. You can send a tiff from it to an external editor for more advanced further editing. I use the copy image settings quite a bit, it can be a timesaver.

The only problem with it for me is with lens correction for the lenses I use with my Sony a6000. It just doesn't seem to recognize the lenses. I've had no luck getting a solution out of Corel for this yet. Lens correction works fine for my Nikon camera and lenses.

On the whole, I reckon it's good value for money.

Dave

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:31:42 am »

Thanks very much. I have two cyclocross events left this year to attend that I will continue to use Aperture for, but have finally made up my mind to teach myself After Shot Pro over the winter.

In an odd coincidence, the first graphics applications I used on Windows were Micrografx products, and Corel bought out Micrografx way back when. A couple of years back or more, I decided to give Bibble Pro a try for fun and by the time I got around to it, Corel had bought them out.
--
Robert

Damon Lynch

• http://www.damonlynch.net
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:33:33 am »

I used Bibble Pro for many years, then Bibble 5. Now I never use it, because its image quality is not up to scratch. I don't see any evidence to suggest that Corel is making serious investments to improve image quality. They seem to be more interested in adding flashy features that make for good marketing slogans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up