Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imaging Edge for Sony cameras is now downloadable  (Read 2881 times)

andre_m

• andré muehling
Imaging Edge for Sony cameras is now downloadable
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:12 am »

Imaging Edge

I'm too busy to test these applications.
Good news for Kevin: It's for Mac, too.

André

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
andremuehling.de
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:04:17 am by andre_m »

Manoli

Re: Imaging Edge for Sony cameras is now downloadable
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:43:22 am »

Thanks for the heads-up.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:43:56 pm »

I have shot a number of samples and processed them with the software.  Driving home from Sedona, AZ now. Will show samples and explain things next week. It’s pretty Ok but may not be what some people are expecting. The result is best described as perceived improvement in resolution.  The demosaicing is improved thus making the image look better.  It wille easier to show with the samples I am bringing back.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

NAwlins_Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:39 am »

I have shot a number of samples and processed them with the software.  Driving home from Sedona, AZ now. Will show samples and explain things next week. It’s pretty Ok but may not be what some people are expecting. The result is best described as perceived improvement in resolution. The demosaicing is improved thus making the image look better.  It wille easier to show with the samples I am bringing back.

In Sony Imaging Edge's Edit module demosaics better than Sony Image Data Converter 5.1, that would be very interesting to me. As far as I could tell with ARWs from the A580 and A7 II, the only substantive change was the setting to process the A7R III's pixel-shift images, but I didn't really test it carefully. I care because historically there were a few files where I could get colors out of Image Data Converter that I subjectively liked better than what I could get out of Lightroom, Optics Pro (PhotoLab), or Capture One--although that may be a testament to my lack of skills with those programs.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 11:48:02 am »

Well the Sony site claims the remote function of this software works with RX100iii, I can report that it does not because the RX100iii does not support the required USB connection method even with the latest v2 firmware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up