Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eric Meola  (Read 2684 times)

Rob C

Eric Meola
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:01:03 pm »

A veteran shows his worth:

http://www.ericmeola.photography/

Rob

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Eric Meola
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:26:18 pm »

The Fierce Beauty collection is spellbinding.

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »

One of my fav Meola photos, with the story behind it:

http://www.snapgalleries.com/the-promise/

-Dave-

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:26:03 am »

The Fierce Beauty collection is spellbinding.

+several
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:36:53 am »

That's one thing about the American landscape: it has undeniable scale, writ large!

I do recall seeing wide, flattish vistas driving through France, and would have (now) liked to have stopped and lingered, but the stuff I was doing, if anything, was misguided Kodachrome for stock, most of which did very little to repay the effort. I didn't really want to shoot landscape, but felt I shouldn't pass up the opportunities.

Today, especially after the advent of digital, I see those lost chances with different eyes and another perspective altogether. Timing, they say, is all. When it's not location, of course.

Rob

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 10:40:09 am »

ERic's storm photos are something I have been following for a while.  I bumped into Eric at PhotoPlus.  I just love his work.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:40:05 am »

I do recall seeing wide, flattish vistas driving through France, and would have (now) liked to have stopped and lingered,

My first proper job was in Adelaide after finishing my PhD in Sydney with, naturally, no money. Since I was going to a 1 year contract, the University admin felt that it was appropriate to pay 1/3 of the regular removal expenses. So i paid a dodgy removalist to transport my bulkier objects (some of which didn't survive) and squeezed the rest into my 18 yo car and set off to drive. There is no actual desert on the route I took, but the Hay Plain is only the flatter for the absence of dunes. I swear I could see the curvature of the earth, and there was a storm I could see way off in the distance, moving about as a distinct entity strolling across the plain. We intersected at a certain point, much to the relief of my car whose engine temperature immediately dropped 20°.

There was an OM4 somewhere under a pile of other stuff behind the front seats, but I wanted to get across before the sun set and the roos came out to play chicken.

Maybe I'll re-do that trip one day.

With maybe a side-trip to Hell, or Booligal:

https://www.poetrylibrary.edu.au/poets/paterson-a-b-banjo/hay-and-hell-and-booligal-0004009

(Hmm, the town of Hell, which defined with Hay and Booligal a triangle in western NSW, no longer seems to exist on Google maps)

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:44:21 am »

My first proper job was in Adelaide after finishing my PhD in Sydney with, naturally, no money. Since I was going to a 1 year contract, the University admin felt that it was appropriate to pay 1/3 of the regular removal expenses. So i paid a dodgy removalist to transport my bulkier objects (some of which didn't survive) and squeezed the rest into my 18 yo car and set off to drive. There is no actual desert on the route I took, but the Hay Plain is only the flatter for the absence of dunes. I swear I could see the curvature of the earth, and there was a storm I could see way off in the distance, moving about as a distinct entity strolling across the plain. We intersected at a certain point, much to the relief of my car whose engine temperature immediately dropped 20°.

There was an OM4 somewhere under a pile of other stuff behind the front seats, but I wanted to get across before the sun set and the roos came out to play chicken.

Maybe I'll re-do that trip one day.

With maybe a side-trip to Hell, or Booligal:

https://www.poetrylibrary.edu.au/poets/paterson-a-b-banjo/hay-and-hell-and-booligal-0004009

(Hmm, the town of Hell, which defined with Hay and Booligal a triangle in western NSW, no longer seems to exist on Google maps)

Musta gone, to too.

Rob

degrub

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:59 am »

Telecaster

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 03:48:39 pm »

it went to Norway. ;)
https://www.lifeinnorway.net/hell-norway/

Must’ve divided like a cell ‘cuz there’s a Hell in my home state (Michigan) too!

-Dave-

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »

Wow, great images and I love that Springsteen story.
Thanks for sharing.

Incidentally, I used to ride my bike to Hell and back every now and then when I lived in Ann Arbor.  8)
-MattB

degrub

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 07:09:28 pm »

Must’ve divided like a cell ‘cuz there’s a Hell in my home state (Michigan) too!

-Dave-

seems like Norway to me  :D
of course i'm from Texas... ;)

Telecaster

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 09:14:11 pm »

Incidentally, I used to ride my bike to Hell and back every now and then when I lived in Ann Arbor.  8)

When I lived & worked in AA I sometimes pedalled my bike to work. Different kind of bike, I presume.  ;)

-Dave-

Telecaster

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »

seems like Norway to me  :D
of course i'm from Texas... ;)

It can feel like Norway too sometimes up here. The nice stuff as well as the better stay inside kind.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up