Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 1165 times)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Coffee
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:55:27 pm »

Coffee
- the rainy days made me do this  :D

Alskoj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 408
Re: Coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:14:11 pm »

I used to use a coffee cup but I got tired of nuking my coffee every 10 minutes to keep it hot so I bought a 10 oz. Yeti rambler.  I absolutely love it!
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Coffee
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:46:37 pm »

Nice ones, Armand.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Coffee
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:08 pm »

Your sure it's not pudding skin?
Logged

GrahamBy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1813
    • Some of my photos
Re: Coffee
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:21:51 am »

So I was responsible for providing the departmenatl breakfast this morning. Seems someone left some de-calcifying solution in the coffee machine :(

Three tanks of water through it and it still tastes like vinegar  :-\
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25132
Re: Coffee
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 06:31:44 am »

So I was responsible for providing the departmenatl breakfast this morning. Seems someone left some de-calcifying solution in the coffee machine :(

Three tanks of water through it and it still tastes like vinegar  :-\

It's the latest thing: just watched France24.com reporting on the coffee probem in Mexico: global warming has caused too much rain and humid weather, causing coffee bush "rust" which destroys things somewhat. The solution (other than common, political sense which is far from common, it seems) is to try cultivating even higher up the hills than they have to do right now.

Perhaps when Trump et al. can no longer find coffee, however much cash they may have, they may wake up from their long slumber alongside Rip van Winkle, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. Don't expect too much, though; you know how people are.

On the other hand, maybe the Californian wine industry may find some muscle to flex...

It's half-twelve as I write, about to go make some lunch (Thursday is the restaurant's day off, but after Friday they close for the season. Bugger it; why do cooks need rest? I'm sure Marco Pierre White never rests!) and it's been pissing down since I woke up and faced the terrace, the hedge and the pines. Reminds me of Ooty Cemetery where I used go for walks when I was a teen; got me away from the bloody boarding school environment and its majority population of friggin' morons, both in charge and residents. But it rained like hell, much of the time. They used to say it was hunters drove away the tigers from the Nilgiris, but I think they all went elsewhere to dryer climes.

Rob
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:42:38 am by Rob C »
Logged

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Coffee
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:00:19 am »

Thanks, I should do better if I take more time. I have in mind to play more with the shadows for different subjects.


So I was responsible for providing the departmenatl breakfast this morning. Seems someone left some de-calcifying solution in the coffee machine :(

Three tanks of water through it and it still tastes like vinegar  :-\

That's why I don't use vinegar. On the other hand you wouldn't know it if it's still there if it didn't smell though.

I used to use a coffee cup but I got tired of nuking my coffee every 10 minutes to keep it hot so I bought a 10 oz. Yeti rambler.  I absolutely love it!
I am a cup hoarder, no way I'm giving this up. Also I drink a ton of coffee so I know my next cup will be hot  :D


Those who don't care about the environment, be it warming or more basic stuff as "f@!$ that mountain and the river that comes out, I'm gonna get richer if I level it to get what's inside", and have the power to change some things usually have enough money that they will be the last affected therefore this incentive (being affected by it) doesn't work.

While I do think that given equally advantageous options most people would choose the right thing, when the things are not equally balanced and there are money to be made way fewer will make the right call.
If there is money to be made, corporations or such cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Here is an example: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/magazine/the-lawyer-who-became-duponts-worst-nightmare.html . Try to read the entire article.

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Coffee
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 11:02:41 am »

Perhaps when Trump et al. can no longer find coffee, however much cash they may have, they may wake up from their long slumber alongside Rip van Winkle, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. Don't expect too much, though; you know how people are.
Rob

These people are going to be last to have coffee, so no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up