Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with 35mm Camera images  (Read 385083 times)

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
Re: Fun with 35mm Camera images
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:03 am »

7 vertical shot pano of Panther Creek Falls in Georgia

John
Flickr

TimoK

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 02:12:01 pm »

Seasons Greetings!
6D,4/300mm, shot throught 3-glass window. 2 shots shtitched, very quick and dirty PP.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 10:25:16 pm »

Here are a few...

D850 and various lenses

Cheers,
Bernard

Two23

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 12:04:01 pm »

I was hoping this was about 35mm film cameras.  A DSLR isn't really a 35mm camera. :-\
Ethanol tankers at Marshall, MN during a blizzard.  Camera:  1942 Leica IIIc, Lens:  1946 Leica 90mm, Film:  HP5.

Kent in SD

Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 03:34:53 pm »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for startting a new thread, here is one of my latest images. This is really preparation for spring when I hope i will be able to shoot a lot of flowers in artificial light.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 05:33:13 pm »

I was hoping this was about 35mm film cameras.  A DSLR isn't really a 35mm camera. :-\
Ethanol tankers at Marshall, MN during a blizzard.  Camera:  1942 Leica IIIc, Lens:  1946 Leica 90mm, Film:  HP5.

Nice Kent,

Was the image shot in the 40s also? ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 05:36:57 pm »

Kent in SD

Good point, and even better photograph. Photographs may only be possible with film. I suspect digital is just another sterile recording of dots and dashes or horses and zebras. It's terribly convenient, though, and also calls to my inner layabout. But one day!

:-)

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 11:24:41 pm »

A camera and a lens

Cheers,
Bernard

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2017, 04:26:10 am »

Thinking of summer (it's cold, windy and rainy here now, already for days  :( )

pieter, aka pegelli

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 04:42:42 am »

I can contribute that as well, a picture from a snowy day in Leuven with an M2 + Summaron 35/2.8 on FP4

pieter, aka pegelli

Rob C

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 07:42:05 am »

Man, you've just reminded me of the worst thing about northern European winter: cold - or worse - wet feet. It ruined everything else. I always maintained, after reaching the age when I stopped thinking that sliding down slopes was cool (probaby the coolest thing I ever did experience, to be literal about it), that snow was at its best on postcards from somebody else.

Once, long ago when I was considering joining the Leica club, I was handed a brochure featuring the Venice Carnival, photographed by one Fulvio Roiter, amid snow and sleet: beautiful images, enough to convince many that Leica had the answers to their dreams. Sadly, nowhere did the brochure mention feet: mine.

https://www.google.es/search?q=fulvio+roiter+carnival&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjspLfZ2KfYAhUDXhQKHbPkD7sQsAQIKQ&biw=1259&bih=863

The link is just a general one - for the brochure you'd need to be nice to those gentle folks in Germany and ask them to raid their own archives.

;-)

dwood

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 10:21:06 am »

gathering storm clouds - Stonington, Maine

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 04:09:05 am »

This is my last photograph. It could also have been the last picture of my life.
I took it october 22. October 26 an heart attack caused a massive insufficiency of the mitral valve, I still had only a few hours of life. The valve was replaced with a tissue prosthesis with an emergency open-heart surgery. Since then I' haven't shot any photo. (I had the idea to take some photos in the cardiovascular intensive care unit, following the iconography of the Dead Christ of Mantegna ::) ::) but I gave it up )
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:41:14 am by muntanela »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 06:36:27 am »

I took it october 22. October 26 an heart attack caused a massive insufficiency of the mitral valve, I still had only a few hours of life.

Wow, sorry to hear this and real glad that the physicians were able to help you recover.

Good luck for the next steps and I hope you will soon find the energy back to photograph again.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 06:39:34 am »

An abandoned mountain hut in the mountains of Tokyo.

D850 + Otus 55mm f1.4

Cheers,
Bernard

Two23

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 09:39:27 am »

This is my last photograph. It could also have been the last picture of my life.
I took it october 22. October 26 an heart attack caused a massive insufficiency of the mitral valve, I still had only a few hours of life.

My suggestion is to work very hard in rehab.  If they ask you to do x15 minutes on the treadmill at level 2, do x20 minutes at level 3 etc.  On Feb. 5 of this year I had an ache in my shoulders and mentioned to my wife something wasn't right.  A bit later the thud of me hitting the floor alerted her to call an ambulance.  It turned out I was having a STEMI--ST elevated myocardial infarction.  Those are 90% fatal even if treated quickly.  The cardiologist said I was nearly dead when I arrived (although fully conscious.)  The fact that I was in otherwise good physical condition probably saved me.   I was in the  ICU for four days, and missed two weeks of work.  Being a trained occupational therapist, I knew recovery depended on me working hard in rehab, which I did.  I ended up being in better condition than some of the people who worked in rehab, LOL!  Since then I've gone hiking in the mountains at 10,000 ft. with a 30 pound pack twice, ridden my Trek FX2 bike 40+ miles on mountain trails, shoveled coal on steam engines, and go pheasant hunting all day in very thick cattails.  I can hike/bike/kayak all day long without problem, at any temperature or weather condition.  So, if you find yourself in dire straits, the answer might be to exercise yourself out of them. :)

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Rob C

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 09:48:37 am »

I took it october 22. October 26 an heart attack caused a massive insufficiency of the mitral valve, I still had only a few hours of life. The valve was replaced with a tissue prosthesis with an emergency open-heart surgery. Since then I' haven't shot any photo. (I had the idea to take some photos in the in the cardiovascular intensive care unit, following the iconography of the Dead Christ of Mantegna ::) ::) but I gave it up )

Sorry to hear the news about the heart! As one heart patient to another: I hope you have good insurance and a resitance to pills! I am certain that I rattle when I walk, but it might just be in the head and not lower down. Though I don't know...

Were you alone, or were you with other people when it happened to you? I was lucky - I was in bed both times, and still had my wife before she got any of her problems. The first time she got an ambulance and the next time we didn't want to wait so she drove.

The main thing to take from these experiences is that medicine has progressed by leaps and bounds, and things that would probably have finished us some years ago no longer have to.

I wish you the very best of good luck, and don't give up on photography: I can tell you, it's the best therapy ever - if you already enjoyed it before. Look at it this way: Helmut Newton took pictures of himself in hospital after his heart attack.

"La più consistente scoperta che ho fatto pochi giorni dopo aver compiuto sessantacinque anni è che non posso più perdere tempo a fare cose che non mi va di fare."

That's from Jep Gambardella in La grande Bellezza, the new version of La Dolce Vita. It makes good sense to substituite the age with some life-changing events!

Ciao -

Rob

armand

• Photos
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:53 am »

I took it october 22. October 26 an heart attack caused a massive insufficiency of the mitral valve, I still had only a few hours of life. The valve was replaced with a tissue prosthesis with an emergency open-heart surgery. Since then I' haven't shot any photo. (I had the idea to take some photos in the in the cardiovascular intensive care unit, following the iconography of the Dead Christ of Mantegna ::) ::) but I gave it up )

Get well! I deal with this on a daily basis and I can tell you the part you have no control over is gone (meaning you made it alive). Now you have to make the best of what's possible.

Rob C

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 03:46:09 pm »

The advice that my cardio gave me was to walk as much as possible, as I found the strength, and now the aim is a minimum of one hour at a stretch per day. However, I was warned against overdoing things, and especially am I not to push wheelbarrows. Which was a bugger, because each winter I had to move a ton of wood from the car park to the apartment up to three times a winter. When that was banned, I had to pay the wood delivery guy to do that, and as we know, time is money...

Of course, I assume that the different types of heart problem have their own limitations on how life can be lived, so it doesn't make sense for me to imagine everybody has the same sort of restrictions. If anything, the worst remaining thing of which I'm aware is the beta blocker thing: I had to be reduced to the lowest input because it was cutting back on pressure and I was fainting sometimes at lunch, as the blood pump had to feed blood to the stomach to help digestion, thus cutting down on the supply it could pump upstairs to the brain. On top of that, betas are in the drops to reduce pressure in my eyes... all in all, nothing comes to bite your ass by itself - it always brings something to watch its back and deliver double whammies!

But, life goes on, and it's up to us to make the best of it we can.

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 04:01:56 pm »

Wow, sorry to hear this and real glad that the physicians were able to help you recover.

Good luck for the next steps and I hope you will soon find the energy back to photograph again.

Cheers,
Bernard
From me, too. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a peaceful return to photography. I have always enjoyed your contributions here, and if this turns out to be your last photograph, it is a fine and beautiful one.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up