Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time Shift  (Read 3856 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Re: Time Shift
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:40 pm »

That's because you are probably not a professional.

Any pro handing out info on a plate to the world is insane. Next minute your stuff (and research) is worth cents instead of a few dollars - at best.

Of course, I have no idea if the OP is a pro either, but the principle remains.

Rob

Unless one has the resources to commission private trips to rarely visited parts of the frozen North and Antartica, all of the world is already laid out on the web. It usually takes a competitor a few minutes (in some cases, say, an hour) between Google and Google Earth to smoke out a location. If one's satisfaction derives from playing cute with locations, know that it is usually a matter of a few keystrokes. The minute you post to the web, it is no longer a secret.

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 02:55:23 pm »

Unless one has the resources to commission private trips to rarely visited parts of the frozen North and Antartica, all of the world is already laid out on the web. It usually takes a competitor a few minutes (in some cases, say, an hour) between Google and Google Earth to smoke out a location. If one's satisfaction derives from playing cute with locations, know that it is usually a matter of a few keystrokes. The minute you post to the web, it is no longer a secret.

Fair enough; so from the wannebethere guy's point of view, no problem exists.

Rob

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 06:00:47 pm »

Well that was a short contest. 8) Looks like Rajan nailed it.
I was gonna guess The Pariah Plateau.

Love the Pariah. Probably one of my favorite places to shoot on the planet. It's funny I'd never seen a shot from this location - therefor why make it easy. Obviously it's no secret :)

Generally agreed, the truly remote places are the only places to get original photography these days it seems. But honestly, I come to this place to share secrets and information - so I don't really mind if you guys know in general. I've had a lot of different people here help me over the years.

That being said there are some places I'm just not going to make it easy - IE the Pariah - It'll probably be years before I post locations from deep Pariah even though it's well known. I just don't want it to be common knowledge.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

thierrylegros396

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 10:20:24 am »

Hopefully for you it's not as well known as Antelope Canyon.

Tim Wolcott said: "This one is from Antelope we did 4 canyons and the upper antelope was a ZOO.  ZOO IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.  But our guide did his best but very nerve racking and tons and tons of people."

But what we like here is your very good framing and processing of the photo.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up