Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P5000; leave on or off?  (Read 4511 times)

Garnick

Re: Epson P5000; leave on or off?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 08:47:50 am »

The only part of this thread that I disagree with is the notion that the printer will NOT run a clean cycle at startup if that preference is shut OFF.  That never worked with the the SP-9900 and it doesn't work with the SC-P7000.  Not sure what actually initiates the startup clean cycle, but I imagine the auto nozzle check determines that.  No matter how many times I set that pref to OFF, the printer seems to overlook that pref setting completely.  Also, as I discovered on the EpsonWideFormat forum, leaving the printer turned all 24/7 uses 1.6 Watts.  In case anyone might want to know.  Just thought I'd throw that in.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Epson P5000; leave on or off?
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 05:13:30 am »

The only part of this thread that I disagree with is the notion that the printer will NOT run a clean cycle at startup if that preference is shut OFF.  That never worked with the the SP-9900 and it doesn't work with the SC-P7000.  Not sure what actually initiates the startup clean cycle, but I imagine the auto nozzle check determines that.  No matter how many times I set that pref to OFF, the printer seems to overlook that pref setting completely.  Also, as I discovered on the EpsonWideFormat forum, leaving the printer turned all 24/7 uses 1.6 Watts.  In case anyone might want to know.  Just thought I'd throw that in.

Gary

I've found this too with my P8000.  In fact the manual even states this (that with auto clean set to off it will still occasionally run a clean.  It doesn't say why or when).

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up