Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arthur Elgort  (Read 876 times)

Rob C

Arthur Elgort
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:08:03 am »

Another guy whom I saw first of all in British Vogue; he also did some really good pictures of a very young and beautiful Christy Turlington.

As I remember from back then, his early style was very much more free - far closer to Bailey and Sieff et al. In later years he seems to have become far more "formal" than memory suggests... but then I guess he understood the difference betwen UK and USA Vogues!

http://www.arthurelgort.com/

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Arthur Elgort
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:54 am »

Good stuff, Rob. A guy who appreciates women.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

Re: Arthur Elgort
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:29:12 am »

Good stuff, Rob. A guy who appreciates women.

Yes, I see no exploitation there at all - just a mild promotion of his own son! But having used my own kid simply because he was never camera-shy and looked quite good, I understand about those empotional strings.

My son was used for some 40"x60" in-store promotion photos. The place once turned him and a young friend away at the door because they were not accompanied by an adult! He tried to point out the connection with himself and a picture he could see, but to no avail. I can't blame the security, though - light fingers are everywhere, and can you prosecute a kid? - but it was a bit ironic.

Here he is at about the same age as when he was modelling. Today he has none of those curls left, poor chap - takes after his Dad! I think he has his Mum's nose, but only my level of artful cunning. Oh, we innocents at large.

To stay photographic: probably Nikkor 2/50mm and, for a change, I think, on Ektachrome 64.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up