Hello, All . . .
Quasi-rant here, but with a suggestion for the powers that be here at LULA, and others who have direct input to Epson and other folk who provide fine art media for printing. I'm thinking especially here of Epson, Canson, Moab, and the others . . .
Given that many of us who print for ourselves, and others, find the 17" carriage printer a good compromise between "really big" printers, and smaller desktop ones.... AND that one of "the" most common aspect ratios for camera sensors is 2:3, WHY THE HECK don't paper providers sell 17x25" sheets of paper? I know I can buy rolls, but then I fight with odd bits at the "ends" and also the curl that comes with, and the pain in the butt in switching between paper types with rolls. I suffer that OK for panoramas, but for the bulk of my printing sheets are so much easier to handle.
Anyone else find this lack of availability a bit strange-come-idiotic given who the userbase is?
I know there are probably a bunch of reasons why they say they won't or can't... but some do, like Red River Papers. But I'd like to see all the premium papers available in this most useful size sheets.
What say you all?
Rand