Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C!Pro NOT supported in Win 10 FCU  (Read 3831 times)

IanSeward

C!Pro NOT supported in Win 10 FCU
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:38:05 pm »

Is anybody here seeing these issues?  I am away and not able to get at my computer.

http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=26863

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C!Pro NOT supported in Win 10 FCU
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »

Is anybody here seeing these issues?  I am away and not able to get at my computer.

Hi Ian,

I can not confirm, because I'm still on Win10 version 1703 (without issues) and not yet on 1709.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:03:34 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:17:02 pm »

I have not noticed any problems, everything seems normal, what should I look for?
Note I am working with a catalogue not session.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:31:56 pm by Dave Rosser »

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:39 pm »

No problems at all here with C1P and Win 10 - 1709 working in Sessions.

Correction, I just read what the actual issue is and the losing of adjustment layers did occur one time and I assumed I had made some sort of boneheaded error as it was late after a long day of hiking and shooting but the description is exactly what happened.

IanSeward

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 05:29:07 am »

I have not noticed any problems, everything seems normal, what should I look for?
Note I am working with a catalogue not session.

Adjustments in layers are not being recorded properly, so when you reopen you have lost your adjustments.  Look for TMP files in the cat database.

It looks as if Phaseone is not keeping up with changes to Windows.  Windows is now SAS (Software as a service) and we are going to get new versions every 6 months whether we like it or not.  Developer previews are freely available to software companies, well actually to anyone who signs up for the fast ring development, so such basic errors simply should not happen in any professional software company. Not what I expected of C1:-(

Ian

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 05:41:41 am »

Adjustments in layers are not being recorded properly, so when you reopen you have lost your adjustments.  Look for TMP files in the cat database.

It looks as if Phaseone is not keeping up with changes to Windows.  Windows is now SAS (Software as a service) and we are going to get new versions every 6 months whether we like it or not.  Developer previews are freely available to software companies, well actually to anyone who signs up for the fast ring development, so such basic errors simply should not happen in any professional software company. Not what I expected of C1:-(

Ian
Just did a edit involving layer mask. It stuck with no problem when I closed and re-opened Capture One (and Windows).  Serched the directory holding the catalogue and there are no TMP files in it. From all the posts on Capture One forum it seems the problem has been noted by people working in sessions.

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 03:56:08 pm »

My Pixelflash CF card reader also does not work with this new version of Win 10.  I thought the reader had failed as Windows now tells me that the device has failed when I plug it in but it works just fine on computers that have not been upgraded and it did stop working right after the Win 10 FCU update.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 12:26:26 pm »

C1 Pro 10.2.1 is now available with the Win 10 FCU fix, according to the release notes. (I'm still on Win 10 v1703 so can't confirm this works)

Malcolm

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 01:04:26 pm »

C1 Pro 10.2.1 is now available with the Win 10 FCU fix, according to the release notes. (I'm still on Win 10 v1703 so can't confirm this works)

Malcolm

It also adds a7r III support.  Downloading it on a 1709 machine now...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 01:16:06 pm »

Just curious. Where do you get win 10 FCU?   Does it auto come from a auto update process or is it only on a new machine? 

I have a lot of win 10 but none are FCU that I can tell.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 01:21:45 pm »

Paul, type winver into the search box.  If it says 1709 you have it, otherwise, if you manually initiate a Windows update, it should download and install.

As for C1 Pro in sessions, it does now properly save adjustment layers.  Before anyone asks, it does not magically recover previously lost adjustment layers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:24:50 pm by E.J. Peiker »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 02:32:22 pm »

Thanks EJ.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 12:00:44 am »

Also be aware that MS has been releasing it in 'waves', so as to not overwhelm their servers.  So even checking for updates might not reveal the 1709 update.  You may just have to wait till MS determines that the update should roll out to your specific machine.  I'm not exactly sure how they decide which machines should get the update..  Though presumably it might go by some sort of 'serial number' scheme.
Mine just came through a few days ago.

If you have an older graphics card like an integrated AMD HD6620G, you might also want to be prepared for some graphics driver 'fun'.  ::) To finally get it corrected here, I had to go into properties of the display/card and select 'update driver - automatically choose'.  Only then, did it finally recognize the correct resolution of my display: an aftermarket full-HD wide-gamut 17" laptop panel.   That was a fun 3 days, lemme tell ya...   >:(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:15:41 am by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

IanSeward

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 06:50:12 am »

Paul, type winver into the search box.  If it says 1709 you have it, otherwise, if you manually initiate a Windows update, it should download and install.

As for C1 Pro in sessions, it does now properly save adjustment layers.  Before anyone asks, it does not magically recover previously lost adjustment layers.

I have upgraded a 4 year old desktop and 2 laptops to FCU with no issues.

C1 v10.21 also fixes the keyboard shortcut bug where shortcuts did not work in layers.  Thank you Phase One :-)

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up