Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 7's new Embedded & Sidecar workflow  (Read 14295 times)

Iliah

Re: Lightroom 7's new Embedded & Sidecar workflow
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2017, 02:00:56 pm »

By all means ... anyone who has such dire concerns about shooting RAW+jpeg in order to take advantage of the Embedded & Sidecar workflow for certain camera models ... PLEASE DON"T DO IT!

The capability isn't for you. All this wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth isn't worth your effort. Simply maintain your current workflow and let the unworthy trod along aimlessly into the abyss.

What you refer to as a workflow is in fact a crunch.

ButchM

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »

What you refer to as a workflow is in fact a crunch.

I'll defer to your superior intellect on the matter. I apologize for reaching beyond my grasp.

However, I think it was Adobe who first referred to the implementation of capability as a 'workflow' ... perhaps you could share your concerns with them.

Iliah

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2017, 02:34:27 pm »

I apologize for reaching beyond my grasp.

Apology accepted.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »

However, I think it was Adobe who first referred to the implementation of capability as a 'workflow' ... perhaps you could share your concerns with them.
The topic and the peer review about exposure & workflow originate here: http://lightroomsolutions.com/embedded-sidecar-workflow-in-lightroom-classic/
I'm very sorry for bringing up exposure in relationship to this workflow. My impression and training is, exposure for our data should be optimally produced as this is a basic and fundamental part of a process some call photography.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2017, 04:31:58 am »

Iliah, exposure just isn’t the issue here - the real problem is handling the volume of pictures. But when people are snapping action at 5 or 10 or 15 frames per second, I’m sure they’ll pause between frames to contemplate your diagram.

Andrew, I suggest you re-read everyone’s comments until you understand why this workflow is welcome. Using the preview, either the embedded or the sidecar, is rather newsworthy. Not changing exposure or WB or focussing or other aspects of how you take pictures is not, and just isn’t relevant.

Enjoy the Monty Python.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up