Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Module Acting Up Again?  (Read 1201 times)

mbaginy

Map Module Acting Up Again?
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:33:05 am »

Has anyone else noticed the map module again switching offline when entering a new city?  The map image seems to “get stuck” to my cursor too.

Just when I had become satisfied again with the module, it seems to be even more buggy than with its last shenanigans.  Rats!  :-[

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: Map Module Acting Up Again?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:56 am »

Has anyone else noticed the map module again switching offline when entering a new city?  The map image seems to “get stuck” to my cursor too.

I use the map module extensively—almost all my recent images are geotagged—and I have not seen this problem since upgrading to LR 2015.12.  I just ran a quick test after reading your post, switching between widely-separated parts of the world, and the map view updated instantly and accurately every time.  I don't think you're experiencing an application problem.  Maybe some sort of local network issue?

mbaginy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »

I'm relieved to hear you aren't encountering any problems with the map module, Chris.  While I don't use that module regularly, I'll keep a watchful eye on its performance.  Hopefully this was a one-off oddity.

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »

The Map Module is operating normal again.  I rebooted the iMac and now all seems okay.  Strange behavior though for the past two days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up