Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cuthbert's Turtlehead - focus stack part 2  (Read 1125 times)

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
Cuthbert's Turtlehead - focus stack part 2
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »

I may be off on the identification, if it isn't Cuthbert's I believe it has to be the Purple Turtlehead.  The best I can tell from reading about the only significant difference is the length of the leaf stalks.  In any event I was out to photograph Log Hollow Falls and found this flower blooming all around (very moist area on the south side of the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina).  I didn't really have the equipment I needed but I did have the 50mm Makro-Planar with me.  I set up and took about 15 images, 5 of which I tossed due to wind movement.  This is the result of stacking the remaining 10.

I had to put a lot of detail work in this one using Ps.  I've heard Zerene Stacker does a great job, but on my one "trial" attempt in using it I wasn't impressed at all compared to Ps.  User error perhaps.  Hope you enjoy!
John
Flickr

Leszek Piotrowski

Re: Cuthbert's Turtlehead - focus stack part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:58:43 pm »

John, lovely,  wishing to see a bit more detail on the petals to right of centre.  Yes gentle breezes make it tough to get that image captured.
Leszek, G

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
Re: Cuthbert's Turtlehead - focus stack part 2
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:53 am »

John, lovely,  wishing to see a bit more detail on the petals to right of centre.  Yes gentle breezes make it tough to get that image captured.

Thank you. Yes, I would have liked to get more detail on that bloom as well.  Just didn't have the data. :)
John
Flickr
Pages: [1]   Go Up