Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyword and Copy Problems  (Read 1748 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Keyword and Copy Problems
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:14:12 am »

Running LR standalone ver. 6.12.

I am trying to do some work on my LR Library this morning and noticed two problems that I cannot figure out.  I have one group of images that now has a copy of each image associated with the master NEF file.  So instead of having just 171 images in this particular folder I have double the number.  I clicked on the copy to see if I could delete it but the dialogue box asks if I want to delete the image from LR.  I don't want to go and delete something if it will also delete the master file.  Any thoughts about this.

The second problem is that keywords that I am trying to enter will not stick with the image in the Library module.  If I type in the keyword it shows up but it's gone once I move on to a new image and then go back.  I cannot click on the set of 'keyword suggestions' to add them either.  The button of the keyword will highlight but is not added.  Dragging the keyword from the list of keywords does seem to work but the other ways should as well.  Any thoughts about this?

TIA,

Alan

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Keyword and Copy Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:52:50 am »

So are you sure they are virtual copies? When you delete one (test this) what is the exact text of the dialog box?

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:43 am »

So are you sure they are virtual copies? When you delete one (test this) what is the exact text of the dialog box?
If I try to delete the copy I get the standard LR Dialogue box that says "Delete the selected master photo from disk, or just remove it from LR?"  This is a set of images from 2014 and I only noticed this today when I was looking to keyword five images that I had not done earlier.  The copy images have the lower left corner folded up, signifying a copy.  Some of the images have been processed in the Develop module but the copies in the library do not show any of the modifications; they are just images of the Raw file.  AFAIK, no other folder shows this behavior.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:22:44 am »

So when you select one of the images with the corner folded up, does that generate that "Delete the selected master photo"? I would expect to see it only when you are deleting a master, not the copy. Are you absolutely certain you are selecting a copy?

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 11:35:42 am »

So when you select one of the images with the corner folded up, does that generate that "Delete the selected master photo"? I would expect to see it only when you are deleting a master, not the copy. Are you absolutely certain you are selecting a copy?
Yes, I get the same dialogue box whether I highlight the copy or the original file. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:29 am »

And you are sure you only have the one file selected? It would be shown in the filmstrip.

Assuming so, try saving metadata back to the files with Metadata> Save Metadata and then do a Metadata > Read Metadata. If the problem persists, then I'd suggest you try optimising the catalogue. If that doesn't work, force LR to create a backup upon exit (Catalog Settings) and let it run the integrity check. If it's still happening, this may be one where zapping the preferences might be the cure all.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:30:15 pm »

And you are sure you only have the one file selected? It would be shown in the filmstrip.

Assuming so, try saving metadata back to the files with Metadata> Save Metadata and then do a Metadata > Read Metadata. If the problem persists, then I'd suggest you try optimising the catalogue. If that doesn't work, force LR to create a backup upon exit (Catalog Settings) and let it run the integrity check. If it's still happening, this may be one where zapping the preferences might be the cure all.
If I select it from the film strip, I can delete the copy and it says that it is a virtual copy.  This is strange as I don't ever recall making one copy let alone copies of all the images in the file.  I guess I'll just need to go through the film strip and do the deletions from there.

thanks,

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up