Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fuji XT2 XP2 and lens firmware update  (Read 2684 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
New Fuji XT2 XP2 and lens firmware update
« on: October 05, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »

New firmware for the X-T2 and X-Pro2 for an occasional bug about high speed capture. Also new firmware for 18-55mm and 10-24mm
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

rdonson

Re: New Fuji XT2 XP2 and lens firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:03 pm »

I've updated my X-T2 and 10-24 and everything seems up to snuff.
Regards,
Ron

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:51:22 am »

Alan,

Thanks for the heads up!  Much appreciated.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Ian MacDonald

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:04 pm »

Thanks for this. Three days ago I acquired my X-T2 and several of the lenses for which there is a firmware update. So, just starting to get to know the system. Permit what may be a dumb question: I get the notion of updating the firmware of a camera body. However, I don't quite get updating firmware for a lens. Do lenses themselves contain "software" or does a lens firmware update really amount to a further update of the firmware in the body? The Fuji firmware update instructions don't say anything about having the lens mounted on the body when doing lens firmware updates.

Would be interested to understand this!

Ian

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »

Lenses have firmware on them. It's actually pretty common now for a lens to have rom chop to hold firmware. The Fuji lenses need to be on the Fuji camera body to update them. When you power up the camera with menu button held down ( I believe that is the button to hold) you will see the currently installed firmware on both lens and camera.

Firmware on lens helps control focus by wire and OIS amoung other lens specific needs.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 09:52:38 am »

Thanks for this. Three days ago I acquired my X-T2 and several of the lenses for which there is a firmware update. So, just starting to get to know the system. Permit what may be a dumb question: I get the notion of updating the firmware of a camera body. However, I don't quite get updating firmware for a lens. Do lenses themselves contain "software" or does a lens firmware update really amount to a further update of the firmware in the body? The Fuji firmware update instructions don't say anything about having the lens mounted on the body when doing lens firmware updates.

Would be interested to understand this!

Ian

Paul covered it pretty well. Yes you do need to have the lens on the camera and then you run the procedure to update, it will ask you for lens or body. It is not too often when the update the lenses, usually it is to increase focus speed or accuracy or both.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Ian MacDonald

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:06:17 am »

Thank you Paul and Alan, got it!

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up