Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to create streaking/swoosh affect on an image with Photoshop?  (Read 1252 times)

Dinarius

At least I'm assuming it's Photoshop I should be using.

I have an image that shows a river in the middle, lush green foliage on the river banks on either side, and a background sky comprising lots of white and pale grey cloud.

What I want to do is to drop in another image of an object in the background (it will be tiny in the overall image) that looks like it is falling from the sky.

I want to create some sort of streaking/swooshing effect which gives the impression of speed and like some of the cloud has been dragged behind the objects path.

The effect doesn't have to be realistic. I want it to look slightly surreal in what is a very straightforward landscape. But, I don't want it to look OTT either.

Imagine, say, dropping a meteorite into a pic.

How would you go about it? Which tools would you use?

Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks.

D.

rdonson

Re: Looking to create streaking/swoosh affect on an image with Photoshop?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:19:02 pm »

I would check PHLEARN on YouTube.  Odds are they've done what you're looking for and have a video on how to do it.
Regards,
Ron

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 07:42:30 am »

I would check PHLEARN on YouTube.  Odds are they've done what you're looking for and have a video on how to do it.

+1 on that advice.  PHLEARN is a great site for tutorials, and Arron does a great job explaining everything as he goes through the process.  The only negative is that they have now jumped on the subscription bandwagon, but it seems there are a number of companies strolling down that path recently.  I suppose the competition is rather heavy, and for quite a while they offered a lot of free tuts, and one cannot continue giving their product away for ever.  Definitely give them a try.

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Dinarius

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:46:46 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Will check out PhLearn.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up