Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7880 intermittent printing problems  (Read 1068 times)

bryanh2

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
Epson 7880 intermittent printing problems
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:26:49 am »

Hey guys,
I've been having a problem with my 7880 off and on and was wonder if anyone had any suggestions?

Usually when I switch on my printer and run the first print through it, it comes out grainy, like theres a head alignment issue or something. Please see attachments. This usually fixes itself when printing the second image but sometimes it comes out like that a few times before it returns to normal.

I've tried alignment checks, nozzle checks, using different computers, different usb cables but I still have this problem.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Bryan
Logged

mearussi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 805
Re: Epson 7880 intermittent printing problems
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:44:01 pm »

Looks like a software problem to me. Have you tried reloading the driver?
Logged

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
Re: Epson 7880 intermittent printing problems
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 06:40:51 pm »

so reprinting the same print, after a few times it will print normally, no other changes?

Seems odd, if it's the printer not sure what it would do to "fix" itself.  If it's the software, not sure what would be different to "fix" that.

The only thing that comes to mind would be an issue with the encoder belt needing cleaned.  But seems that wouldn't "fix" itself. 

typically something that fixes itself after a machine has been on for a while is thermal related and as the temperature of parts increase it frees up mechanisms that might have slight issues with rubbing or friction.

Maybe just leave it on all the time.  Won't really hurt it, doesn't take much power when not running.
Logged

bryanh2

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
Re: Epson 7880 intermittent printing problems
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:23:16 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys!

Looks like a software problem to me. Have you tried reloading the driver?
Yes I've tried reinstalling the drivers and used both windows and mac laptops.

so reprinting the same print, after a few times it will print normally, no other changes?

Seems odd, if it's the printer not sure what it would do to "fix" itself.  If it's the software, not sure what would be different to "fix" that.

The only thing that comes to mind would be an issue with the encoder belt needing cleaned.  But seems that wouldn't "fix" itself. 

typically something that fixes itself after a machine has been on for a while is thermal related and as the temperature of parts increase it frees up mechanisms that might have slight issues with rubbing or friction.

Maybe just leave it on all the time.  Won't really hurt it, doesn't take much power when not running.

Thanks Wayne, I'll try leaving it power on for the moment and see if that helps.
I'm not 100% if its fixing itself or if its something I am doing. I've started superstitiously turning the printer off and back on after the first blurry print as well as restarting photoshop so I must stop doing these and see if it does the same or if one of those things are helping.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up