Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens adaptors and 3rd Party Lenses on Fuji GFX  (Read 1871 times)

rollsman44

Lens adaptors and 3rd Party Lenses on Fuji GFX
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:35 pm »

I am looking for a portrait lens to use on my GFX 50 and want to save some money and hope there is a 3rd party lens and adaptor I can get thats close to the Image quality of the GFX portrait lens.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Any suggestions.  Thanks   Dennis

pschefz

Re: Lens adaptors and 3rd Party Lenses on Fuji GFX
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 12:47:13 am »

I am looking for a portrait lens to use on my GFX 50 and want to save some money and hope there is a 3rd party lens and adaptor I can get thats close to the Image quality of the GFX portrait lens.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Any suggestions.  Thanks   Dennis
i have only tried a few pentax 67 and a few leica M mounts (incl funky old ones) and nothing has come even close to the native fuji....maybe some contax? jim kasson has done a lot of tests and nothing i have seen on his blog leads me to believe that there is much out there....in the long run, the 110 or the 120 are just the easier and better solution....and maybe not even that much more....
funky effect lenses, certain looks, definitely possible....but for best IQ i would stick with fuji
schefz.com
artloch.com

mdelrossi

• http://www.delrossiphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:56:59 am »

I haven’t tried the Fuji 120 or 110, but I use a nikkor 105 1.8 ais, and I’m quite happy with the results.

rollsman44

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »

I have to agree with you. Sticking to the Fuji Lenses would be the best bet.  The other 3rd party lenses are good but don't come close to the Native lenses. 
    Thank you.  My mission is over.

engardeknave

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40:02 pm »

The first thing I plan to do when I get a GFX is put a Canon adapter on it and try the 11-24 and 17 tse.

I might do something silly and get an 85 1.2 as well. What would that be, ~65mm f/1.0? If there's an AF adapter out there, this will be tempting. Sometimes it's not about maximum sharpness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up