Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EMOTION 75  (Read 4959 times)

RicAgu

EMOTION 75
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:53:19 am »

oo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:32:20 pm by RicAgu »

fotodog24

EMOTION 75
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:01:14 pm »

It has a 400 setting, but it is QUITE noisy. Advice? Demo it and put it thru it's paces first - and call a good dealer (like Fotocare in NYC) and ask LOTS of questions.

_FD24

Hello All,

I have been shooting happily with my P25 although wish I could get a higher ISO and thinking about going Aptus 75 which I have tested and loved it.  With some advice from JR the LA75 shoots very well with the V8 and is stable.

I recently went to the Sinar website and they are saying that it shoots at 400, but other sites say it shoots at 200.  Does anyone have actual time on the E75?  Any advice?

I am considering it so I can go betwee the RZ and the H1, but if I ever feel like jumping into a Contax or Rollie or whatever, I would like to have that ability.  Also, what of the cables as with the Phase you have to shoot a one shot cable that has two cables hanging.  Any experience with this?

Thanks,

RA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RicAgu

EMOTION 75
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:17:16 pm »

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:32:36 pm by RicAgu »

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
EMOTION 75
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:23:59 pm »

As an A75 owner I have to say that the 400ASA setting is great. The 800ASA setting is grainy but usable. 50 and 100 I find a bit too noiseless and tend to use 200 as the standard setting.

With the 800, if you use NR you will use a lot of detail, but its great to have the setting when you need it.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

mkravit

EMOTION 75
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 07:47:39 pm »

As an A75 owner I have to say that the 400ASA setting is great. The 800ASA setting is grainy but usable. 50 and 100 I find a bit too noiseless and tend to use 200 as the standard setting.

With the 800, if you use NR you will use a lot of detail, but its great to have the setting when you need it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76076\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try using ISO 800 on the Aptus 75, then process in Raw Develop....WOW, looks beautiful. Raw Develope minimizes the noise much more than LC-10 and especially ACR.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
EMOTION 75
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 03:40:04 am »

Try using ISO 800 on the Aptus 75, then process in Raw Develop....WOW, looks beautiful. Raw Develope minimizes the noise much more than LC-10 and especially ACR.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76089\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i am using since several months the e75, shooting architecture only.
for my purposes its rarely important how good is the higher iso capacities. more important how good is the nominal iso at lowest setting and here is the e75 doing a great job. i will post soon new full res. samples herre in LL.
 i would rate the hi iso with the e75 till iso200 as usuable. please have in mind that the iso in the aptus75 is rated higher than with the e75 this will result in a nominal higher iso from leaf which differ in reality less,-
as far i have seen files from the leaf and from the e75 there is little or no difference in terms of noise between them ( not so surprising for using the same dalsa sensor ). what does leaf in software conversion with nr you also can do later,- with the same or better results.

anyway if i want high iso shooting i use my canons. they are another league in terms of hi iso noise.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
EMOTION 75
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 06:08:00 pm »

had a demo on the emotion75...never went past 100asa (never really need it)...very smooth files, great resoution, bla bla bla...exactly what i expected...the phase, leaf and sinar backs produce absolutely great files...i have had a demo on the imacon as well and that was the only one i have to put in a slightly lower league..very slightly...
back to the emotion: nice layout, very nice screen, bigger then expected, not like the leaf of course, but brighter and more useable then both leaf and phase...solid menus...the real surprise was the software...very simple but efficient with a simple and good browser, drag&drop interface, controls where you want them, speed was fine on a G4 powerbook (not sure if they have a intel version yet) but they are coming out with a completely new version for photokina...the rep was mentioning live video as well (not sure when that will make it...)
anyway the back looks like a very solid product and with the trade in deal right now it is 20% cheaper then the aptus 75 or P45...the buffer feature is great, not sure if the new S-Aptus line will use it like the emotion as well, but the option to shoot everything to buffer and CF card provides instant back-up which could come in handy at one point...

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
EMOTION 75
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 08:52:12 am »

I just processed a job I shot recently for a client and discovered than on some shots I'd accidentally left the A75 on the 400ASA setting by accident.

Well... I like the files. Then I am a bit funny like that, I like a wee bit of noise to stop things looking too digital, and the noise is really quite film like. That was one of the reasons I liked the 1DsII, and now the A75 is, though different, really quite good at 400ASA. Exposure was on the button or maybe +1/3 stop. I don't think this would have looked so good in poor light or if underexposed. The shot is actually of some photovoltaic cells on a building and is stitched from three A75 images. Thats a big file and of course the noise becomes very small in that instance.

Like Michael Kravit I'm also pretty happy with the 800ASA, but wouldnt use it for most commercial architecture. If you want a nice B&W film look, or dont mind some loss of detail with a noise reduction program, its great.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 08:52:43 am by free1000 »
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

RicAgu

EMOTION 75
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 02:17:39 pm »

Thanks for the advice.

I went with the Aptus 75 and I am quite happy with it!  I tested it a couple of months ago and was going to try the HassyCon and Sinar.  But the reps were not willing to loan the unit or have it for an entire day.  The Leaf reps bent over backwards.  So far, my back does not seam (PUN Intended) to have the centerfold issue, but I do not have a super wide Alpa yet, nor do I see myself doing that work.  Raw developer KICKS BUTT and the company is really cool!

I have not processed in CS2 yet.  But in V8 and Raw Developer it works wonderfully.

Bummed that the new S series came out as i would have liked to get that one.  But I'll deal with this and have my P25 as a back up.

C1 is great!   But a 39mp back is too much to store and the P25 is amazing for my needs, but didn't like it past 200.  I went LEAF because I just needed a more useable 400 and the posibility to use 800 in a pinch.

Best of luck to all of you on your hunt for the the back that suits your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up