Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meltoff  (Read 719 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Meltoff
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:30:57 pm »

Heavy snow year in the high sierras this year. I tried to take a trip up earlier and there was too much snow, bridges were out, construction on the dam, things were all awry. This location is so often elusive for me, it's about 11 miles in the winter which is tough in snow - that's the easier way. The more difficult way is shorter but more elevation gain, with a steep pitch on the entry way that has a runoff into the lake. One winter I'll head out here... but for now I'm content chasing light and shooting astro. The night sky up here is extremely satisfying this time of year. Everything lines up exactly how you'd like.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
Re: Meltoff
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:22:03 am »

Wonderful scene; the left side is pretty busy, not sure about that, but as you made it dark, it's not really distracting. It really feels cold, in a good way ...

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:51:52 am »

really nice image, great work with the snow in the foreground.  I particularly like the glow on the mountain top and the color of the water.
John
Flickr

Alskoj

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 06:09:36 pm »

You captured the Sierra really well!  And you were lucky to actually be there.  I grew up about an hour south of Yosemite in Coarsegold. Where was this taken?

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:31 am »

Thousand Island Lake. Late in the summer - still snow this year. A couple weeks earlier there was still too much. Have some excellent shots to release from this short trip still.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 04:22:45 am »

Peaceful and cold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up