Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double click in filmstrip  (Read 1633 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Double click in filmstrip
« on: September 15, 2017, 03:24:28 pm »

Is it just me, or do others find themselves double clicking an image in the film strip in order to open it into photoshop? Seems sort of instinctive ...

rdonson

Re: Double click in filmstrip
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:31:11 pm »

Not to me.....   are you thinking it should be that way in "Develop" or "Library"?
Regards,
Ron

ButchM

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 11:34:12 pm »

Not to me either. I so rarely need to use Ps for anything these days that the normal right-click on an image and select 'Edit in' command works fine.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:43:55 am »

Not me. It behaves just as I expect and want.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 07:50:15 pm »

Currently double clicking does nothing.  While there certainly are those who don't use Photoshop, there are a lot of us who do.

Taking advantage of the simple and standard interface of double clicking on a thumbnail seems a useful tool. I go back and forth to Ps a lot, and going through the process of right clicking and selecting a menu, while not difficult would be simplified with a easy double click.

I'm not sure if there are other functions that could take advantage of a double click, but I know I find many people in classes I teach are surprised they can't just double click to get to photoshop from the flimstrip.  Certainly those that don't need it don't have to use it.

I find myself double clicking a couple of times a week. Just habit of "opening" a document. 

No big deal, just curious

aduke

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:36:15 pm »

Wayne, on my system under Windows 10, double-right clicking in either the thumbnail or the grid display, shows the image in single view. I can get the same effect by selecting the image and pressing "e".

I have no idea what would happen in a Mac system.

Alan

pearlstreet

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:50:45 am »

I would not like it to open photoshop. I would end up accidentally doing it and having to wait for photoshop to open so I could close it. But it would be nice if it was an option for those who would like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up