Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AF system upgrade offered for Phase One XF  (Read 2375 times)

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
AF system upgrade offered for Phase One XF
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:34:50 pm »

Info link on the upgrade from Digital Transitions:
https://digitaltransitions.com/honeybee-autofocus-platform-2-hap-2-hardware-upgrade/?utm_source=Digital+Transitions+Complete+List+%28Comm+%2B+DCH%29&utm_campaign=f53bae494f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_31&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c2781fb3f9-f53bae494f-161137325&mc_cid=f53bae494f&mc_eid=aef237baff

- 2.5 Ev lower AF capability
- 1 stop better AF discretion in low contrast scenes
- $895
- Free if you bought the XF in the last month or so

Personal opinion, this was much needed as the lowlight AF capability of the XF was pretty poor.

lance_schad

Re: AF system upgrade offered for Phase One XF
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:11:09 am »

Thanks EJ for posting the above.
For additional information on the HAP-2 upgrade we have an article on our site (which will be updated as we get more information from our team that is in Denmark) Link and also if you are an XF owner we have an on-line form to sign up for the upgrade here

think this is a great sign to Phase One's commitment to make the XF a future proof platform. They have already demonstrated that they can add improvements to it via the past (3) firmware feature updates and now for a nominal fee you can upgrade the AF sensor and get your body tuned-up at the same time.

I am confident that those that choose not to upgrade to the HAP-2 sensor will see improvements with the original HAP-1 in the future via firmware updates. Hang in there.

Lance
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:18:41 am by lance_schad »
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:48 am »

Maybe they will develop a solution that has multiple AF points, that would be a good upgrade and worth the cost.

It's been shown to be very possible by other companies, albeit the cropped sensor, however the tech should easily work on the XF as Pentax figured it out about 5 or so years ago.

Great to see improvements, just not where I had hoped, especially with such a hyped AF system (from announce).

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

DrakeJ

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:01:29 pm »

Maybe they will develop a solution that has multiple AF points, that would be a good upgrade and worth the cost.

It's been shown to be very possible by other companies, albeit the cropped sensor, however the tech should easily work on the XF as Pentax figured it out about 5 or so years ago.

Great to see improvements, just not where I had hoped, especially with such a hyped AF system (from announce).

Paul Caldwell

Yep, I'm also very disappointed in this announcement. The low light performance of the HAP-1 is something I can live with.

jtremblay

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »

I find the focus pretty dismal on this camera - Has anyone had this done that can comment if it is worth it?GG

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »

My camera is there now getting the upgrade, will report back when I get it back
Pages: [1]   Go Up